From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Daniel" <noone(a)nowhere.com>

| Dave

| you are probably correct, but why did MSE not pick it up?

| Cheers

| Daniel

New variants being generated all the time. Do you still have a sample ?

If yes, upload it to; http://www.uploadmalware.com/

--
Dave

From: Daniel on
Hi

I'm not sure if I can get it, I have deleted it on this PC but it may be on
my other PC, I will check when the household is awake.

Cheers

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Daniel" <noone(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I just received an email from someone that said
> it was from DHL but it contained a Trojan, why
> did Windows Security Essentials not pick it up?

You should understand the fact that *all* antimalware programs will miss
some specimens - especially if it is a new variant,

What was it, a phishing attempt?

> I found out it was a Trojan because I was suspicious
> and forwarded it to a PC where I run a different AV program.

What AV program, and what did it identify the malware as?

From: Leythos on
In article <#jAuDuK5KHA.1888(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, noone(a)nowhere.com
says...

> And why would you bother posting in reply, it is not an answer to my
> question, but in answer to your question, I trust Microsoft because
> they have never let me down, it is not Microsoft's fault that all the
> Linux using virus writers are so busy writing viruses to attack them.

I posted a reply because after all these decades I've learned, across
thousands of computers and networks, to not trust Microsoft with
Security for any reason.

You're confusing what COULD be with what IS - Microsoft chooses to NOT
secure the O/S because it would cost them market share as apps no longer
work, as vendors would have to recode their apps, and because the
foundation of their systems need to be less secure to allow the apps to
communicate between each other as they have (not as they could).

You already know the answer to your question, before you even posted it,
because no vendor provides 100% protection against all malware, because
new variants will always be created, because you're not willing to
secure your OS at the level needed and work with the adjustments you
would have to make.

Trust yourself.
From: Daniel on

"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <#jAuDuK5KHA.1888(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, noone(a)nowhere.com
> I posted a reply because after all these decades I've learned, across
> thousands of computers and networks, to not trust Microsoft with
> Security for any reason.

I see a lot of anti Microsoft rhetoric that is baseless, people just
do not like success, there are NO secure OS so what do we do,
not run computers??

> You're confusing what COULD be with what IS - Microsoft chooses to NOT
> secure the O/S because it would cost them market share as apps no longer
> work, as vendors would have to recode their apps, and because the
> foundation of their systems need to be less secure to allow the apps to
> communicate between each other as they have (not as they could).
>
> You already know the answer to your question, before you even posted it,
> because no vendor provides 100% protection against all malware, because
> new variants will always be created, because you're not willing to
> secure your OS at the level needed and work with the adjustments you
> would have to make.

I have never been infected so Microsoft must be doing okay, for crying
out loud, you don't even trust you best friend, well guess what, I do trust
my best friend and Microsoft.

> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free(a)rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Has David Kaye the expertise to check?
Next: New Net Patch