From: R.S.May on
I am an ICT Manager not a Authorwise programmer. I have a couple of
applications which are trying to create DIRDIB.DRV in workstation's Windows
folder when they are run and then delete them when the application quits. From
some googling on the internet, I believe DIRDIB.DRV is part of Macromedia
Director Player which may also be known as Authorware - not sure on this bit!

Since I run secure workstations, I want to find a way of supplying this file
and any other binaries needed by the application in a different location.
Having done some limited reading, it seems that there may be an answer with a
MAPFILE file. Can anyone give me any pointers at all please?:confused;

From: Mark Tomlinson on
DIRDIB.DRV is a file that Authorware used to use to play Director
movies. I think that it is no longer used as more modern director
movies are played by hosting the Shockwave ActiveX control in Authorware.

What applications are these that are trying to create this file. If it
is a web packaged Authorware piece then upgrading to the web player 2004
may be a solution as it adds all required files by default to the users
application data folder which is not usually locked down?

Mark

From: R.S.May on
They are a couple of UK education packages for the Geography curriculum, one
called Arable Farming and the other Rivers. They use Directory Player 4.0 and
5.0 respectively. They are not web-based, just plan Windows EXEs as far as I
can see.

From: Mark Tomlinson on
Maybe ask on the director forum then?

R.S.May wrote:
> They are a couple of UK education packages for the Geography curriculum, one
> called Arable Farming and the other Rivers. They use Directory Player 4.0 and
> 5.0 respectively. They are not web-based, just plan Windows EXEs as far as I
> can see.

Pages: 1
Prev: No Authorware 8
Next: Voice Recognition