From: Wordwonderor on
I've changed to a combo box. It seems to work. But I'd like to understand why
the DLook up didn't, as that approach sem to be more direct.

The Solicitor ID is a number field in the form's record source. It is tied
to the Contacts ID.

From: Wordwonderor on
I used the combo box but not sure how it works. I'd still like to know why
the DLookup which seems more direct didn't.

The forms record source is simply the Contacts table. The Solicior ID is a
number field in the Contacts Table and a autonumber in the Solicitors table.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:19:01 -0700, Wordwonderor
<Wordwonderor(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I'll be glad to try to help, but you'll need to help me do so: plsese post
your form's Recordsource, the combo box's Rowsource, and the datatype of the
solicoitor ID. I can't see them from here, and only that information will
enable me to reply.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]