From: Dustin Cook on
"~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in

>> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave.(a)hotmail.co.uk>
>>
>> | I've read the item here
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_cache_poisoning
>>
>> | where it states "A user whose computer has referenced the poisoned
>> DNS
>> | server would be tricked into accepting content coming from a
>> | non-authentic server and unknowingly download malicious content."
>>
>> | I had thought that DNS poisoning related to my NAT router, not an
>> ISP as
>> | mentioned! Perhaps I have again misunderstood something!
>>
>> | Can a private server, like Eternal-September or Dogagent.com, be
>> | considered to be DNS servers when connecting to them to read
>> newsgroups?
>>
>> | I had thought that DNS poisoning related to my NAT router, not an
>> ISP as
>> | mentioned!
>>
>> | Some guidance on exactly *how* an end user can be /captured/ and
>> | directed to 'spoof' websites in this manner will be welcomed. Might
>> it
>> | be achieved by simply visiting a specific URL for instance?
>>
>> NO !
>> NNTP servers do NOT act as a DNS servers.
>>
>> Please READ the URL you posted...
>> "To perform a cache poisoning attack, the attacker exploits a flaw in
>> the DNS software."
>

> I'll try to study things in more depth, perhaps when I'm at home
> again!

Why don't you do that, for a change, instead of pandering here all the
time?

> David, whilst I'm here, can you reach a website called www.uniblue.com
> If you can, using your industry knowledge would you please provide a
> view on the authenticity of same? TIA.

What the hell. Another attempt to get somebody else to do your work for
you, BD?

--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the
From: ~BD~ on

"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> What the hell. Another attempt to get somebody else to do your work
> for
> you, BD?

It is responses like this which stoke the fire, Dustin!

My question was reasonable - as you felt it necessary for you to
respond, instead of David Lipman, why could you simply not answer my
question?

Perhaps someone else here will tell me if they can or cannot connect to
http://www.uniblue.com/

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on

"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> ~BD~ wrote:
>>
>>Perhaps someone else here will tell me if they can or cannot connect
>>http://www.uniblue.com/
>
> Connected just fine with Opera v1060 b3422

Thanks so much ASCII

Using Opera I get .........

Could not connect to remote server

You tried to access the address http://www.uniblue.com/, which is
currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is
correctly spelt and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other
applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Check that the set-up of any Internet security software is correct and
does not interfere with ordinary Web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may
be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers,
unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the
Internet. Reload the page.

> but then I don't use anybody's cooked host file gimmick.

Have you any suggestions for me?

I've had a quick look at this
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hostsfaq.htm#Editor and have looked
under C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC and see six files (I'm using XP
Home, btw)

--
Dave

From: Peter Foldes on
David

Sigh.again and again and over and over. You are coming from the back as usual and it
is not you that has this issue but another OP on another server and newsgroup. You
have no idea for the answer that you want to give ,so you come and post this issue
as your own and then wait for the answer by someone. Then when you have the
answer,you post it to the OP as yours. What a friggin misaligned person you are.
Sick and a mental case aside from being a Troll
Many do not know that you do this. FTR who is super nice person and answers you most
of the time for the issues that you post ,and then you have the nerve to repost that
answer as yours to the OP on another server newsgroup . Demented idiot and a friggin
sick animal
Wonder how you back out of this one Mr. The Truth will Out

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Dustin Cook on
"~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in news:i057ih$44f$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> What the hell. Another attempt to get somebody else to do your work
>> for
>> you, BD?
>

> It is responses like this which stoke the fire, Dustin!

No fire to be stoked BD, I've got you where I want you at this point in
time.

> My question was reasonable - as you felt it necessary for you to
> respond, instead of David Lipman, why could you simply not answer my
> question?

I see no logical reason to help you do anything. I find it humourous to
say the least that you would expect any help from me.

> Perhaps someone else here will tell me if they can or cannot connect to
> http://www.uniblue.com/

Why don't you try to connect from various systems, or proxies? That way,
you don't have to waste anyone elses time "checking" another site for
you.