From: Joe788 on
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

"Solid Cut Part Verify / Simulation:

Esprit has it all over Mastercam X4 in this area. The integration of
MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever seen in a CADCAM
system. Here is a specific example of what I mean when I say that the
integration of MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever
seen in a CADCAM system. Lets say you wish to accurately simulate a
part that needs 4 vices operations to be complete. Esprit allows you
to save what they call a .SIM file. This .SIM file will automatically
be placed relative to an Active Work Plane that you establish for your
second operation so if you need the part flipped over for your second
operation you set up your Active Work Plane for the second vise to be
flipped over. That’s all you need to do! Lets compare this to what
Mastercam makes you go through: Mastercam doesn’t have anything like
an .SIM file. You have to use STL Transform to manually move your
saved cut part STL file from your first operation and then manually
save it in the position you need it to be in for your second
operation. Moving, rotating and placing STL files in Mastercam is an
arduous process at best. The latter process is so impractical and so
labor intensive in Mastercam that no one has the time to do accurate /
real cut part simulation in Mastercam that shows what actually is
happening on the machine when it comes to something like a multi-vise
setup."

From: Joe788 on
The Jon Banquer blog has yet another exclusive that you simply won't
find anywhere else on the Internet. That's because the Jon Banquer
blog is the world leader when it comes to original content for a CAM-
centric blog!

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

Note, this page will be receiving continuous heavy updating in the
coming weeks and months.

If you're not reading the Jon Banquer blog you can be sure of one
thing... your competition is! ;>)

From: Joe788 on
Tired of bullshit from losers who can't backup what they have to say
with facts and screen shots?

When you've had enough bullshit, spin, etc. suggest you check out the
Jon Banquer blog and find out why Mastercam fails miserably at doing
practical / real world multiple part simulation. New screen shots
added this morning show how easy it is to setup a tombstone and solid
cut part verify multiple parts in DP Technology Esprit with none of
the limitations that Mastercam has:

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

"Mastercam requires you to join all your individual .STL parts so they
make up one connected piece. Mastercam won’t simulate separate .STL
files all at once. DP Esprit has no such ridiculous limitation.
Simulating a tombstone with many different parts on it is easy in DP
Technology Esprit. It’s a exercise in frustration in Mastercam and
isn’t practical by any stretch of the imagination."

You can only find this kind of information on the Jon Banquer blog.
The Jon Banquer blog is the leading CAM-centric blog on the internet.

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/