From: Joe788 on
The Jon Banquer blog has yet another exclusive that you simply won't
find anywhere else on the Internet. That's because the Jon Banquer
blog is the world leader when it comes to original content for a CAM-
centric blog!

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

Note, this page will be receiving continuous heavy updating in the
coming weeks and months.

If you're not reading the Jon Banquer blog you can be sure of one
thing... your competition is! ;>)
From: cncmillgil on
On Dec 5, 5:15 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Jon Banquer blog has yet another exclusive that you simply won't
> find anywhere else on the Internet. That's because the Jon Banquer
> blog is the world leader when it comes to original content for a CAM-
> centric blog!
>
> http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/
>
> Note, this page will be receiving continuous heavy updating in the
> coming weeks and months.

Hope your getting paid or maybe kickbacks/perks for all the time &
effort being exerted for your self proclaimed "original content for a
CAM- centric blog!"
If not you should be making some serious $cash$ using those
software's?
I've heard the saying "those who can do, those who cant rant" Any
truth to that?

> If you're not reading the Jon Banquer blog you can be sure of one
> thing... your competition is! ;>)

Hmmm competition....... you mean the Chines are reading it? Not much
competition around here nowadays especially at The Recognized
Technology Leader in Ultrasonic Plastic Welding.

Anyway Cimatrons biggest competition is UG everything else(not that
they are junk) are whanabe's. Any questions?

End discussion: Blooooooooooog

http://users.cin.net/~milgil/CNC_xmas.jpg

--

ª"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª¤(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ Gil© ¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)¤ª"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª

From: Cliff on
On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:15:25 -0800 (PST), Joe788 <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>The Jon Banquer blog has yet another exclusive that you simply won't
>find anywhere else on the Internet. That's because the Jon Banquer
>blog is the world leader when it comes to original content for a CAM-
>centric blog!
>
>http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/
>
>Note, this page will be receiving continuous heavy updating in the
>coming weeks and months.

He may be trying to learn some simple stuff about MasterCAM,
like how to use it to drill holes.

>If you're not reading the Jon Banquer blog you can be sure of one
>thing... your competition is! ;>)

You compete with which other crazies?
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on

From: Joe788 on
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

"Solid Cut Part Verify / Simulation:

Esprit has it all over Mastercam X4 in this area. The integration of
MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever seen in a CADCAM
system. Here is a specific example of what I mean when I say that the
integration of MachineWorks in Esprit is easily the best I’ve ever
seen in a CADCAM system. Lets say you wish to accurately simulate a
part that needs 4 vices operations to be complete. Esprit allows you
to save what they call a .SIM file. This .SIM file will automatically
be placed relative to an Active Work Plane that you establish for your
second operation so if you need the part flipped over for your second
operation you set up your Active Work Plane for the second vise to be
flipped over. That’s all you need to do! Lets compare this to what
Mastercam makes you go through: Mastercam doesn’t have anything like
an .SIM file. You have to use STL Transform to manually move your
saved cut part STL file from your first operation and then manually
save it in the position you need it to be in for your second
operation. Moving, rotating and placing STL files in Mastercam is an
arduous process at best. The latter process is so impractical and so
labor intensive in Mastercam that no one has the time to do accurate /
real cut part simulation in Mastercam that shows what actually is
happening on the machine when it comes to something like a multi-vise
setup."