From: Michael Mattias on
"raveendra_ibm" <raveendra_ibm.21dekg(a)no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote
in message news:raveendra_ibm.21dekg(a)no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...
> I wonder if there is any sort of conversion from unpacked to packed
> format.

In COBOL, that unpacking function is MOVE

MCM

From: Richard on
> Could you please explain me the equivalent assembler code corresponding
> to this.

Only with 8085 assembler.

From: Pete Dashwood on

<docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:dptp6e$g6k$1(a)reader2.panix.com...
> In article <Rztwf.14858$oW.10269(a)newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
> Michael Mattias <michael.mattias(a)gte.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>Earlier this thread I replied to OP re this: I believe the IBM mainframe
>>compiler offers a compiler option you can specify which will result in the
>>creation of an assembler list. If you can get that and read assembler, you
>>will be able to understand the 'how.'
>
> The option for the OldBOL compiler (IKFCBL00) was PMAP, for various
> versions of IGYCRCTL it is LIST.
>
> DD

Your post stirred something in the deep dark recesses of what passes for my
brain...

What does/did OPTION SYM do?

Pete.

From: on
In article <42hh6cF1g2vp4U1(a)individual.net>,
Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)enternet.co.nz> wrote:

><docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:dptp6e$g6k$1(a)reader2.panix.com...
>> In article <Rztwf.14858$oW.10269(a)newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
>> Michael Mattias <michael.mattias(a)gte.net> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>>Earlier this thread I replied to OP re this: I believe the IBM mainframe
>>>compiler offers a compiler option you can specify which will result in the
>>>creation of an assembler list. If you can get that and read assembler, you
>>>will be able to understand the 'how.'
>>
>> The option for the OldBOL compiler (IKFCBL00) was PMAP, for various
>> versions of IGYCRCTL it is LIST.
>>
>Your post stirred something in the deep dark recesses of what passes for my
>brain...
>
>What does/did OPTION SYM do?

I believe that's for IGYCRCTL and it creates SYMbolic records for the TEST
option.

DD
From: William M. Klein on
For the OS/VS COBOL product (if this was in the "back of your mind"), this
created a ".SYM" dataset that could be used by the TESTCOB debugger (a "barely"
interactive debugger of the '70s). This was the first part of the OS/VS COBOL
product to "die" (as far as support goes) as it required an "unmovable" dataset
that could not be handled in an SMS environment.

--
Bill Klein
wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
<docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:dq0bjg$50q$1(a)reader2.panix.com...
> In article <42hh6cF1g2vp4U1(a)individual.net>,
> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>><docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:dptp6e$g6k$1(a)reader2.panix.com...
>>> In article <Rztwf.14858$oW.10269(a)newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
>>> Michael Mattias <michael.mattias(a)gte.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> The option for the OldBOL compiler (IKFCBL00) was PMAP, for various
>>> versions of IGYCRCTL it is LIST.
>>>
>>Your post stirred something in the deep dark recesses of what passes for my
>>brain...
>>
>>What does/did OPTION SYM do?
>
> I believe that's for IGYCRCTL and it creates SYMbolic records for the TEST
> option.
>
> DD

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7