From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:58:53 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Going by my friends screen shoots of my db, It is erroring
>Function is not available in Expressions in query expression
>Format([HorseDate],"dd-mmm-yy".
>12 errors and they all finish with a dot and not a bracket is this normal???
>Regards Bob

I have no idea; I don't have Win7 and have no immediate intention to install
it.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Bob Vance on
Thanks John but what happens when you buy a new machine that has win7 pre
loaded
Regards Bob

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:24:48 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John but what happens when you buy a new machine that has win7 pre
>loaded

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Sorry if my response sounded like criticism of you - that wasn't the intent at
all! I'm simply saying that "I Don't Know" and can't give you any advice,
because I don't have Win7 and cannot do any testing. Apologies if it came
across as anything other than that!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David W. Fenton on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:58:53 +1200, "Bob Vance"
> <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Going by my friends screen shoots of my db, It is erroring
>>Function is not available in Expressions in query expression
>>Format([HorseDate],"dd-mmm-yy".
>>12 errors and they all finish with a dot and not a bracket is this
>>normal??? Regards Bob
>
> I have no idea; I don't have Win7 and have no immediate intention
> to install it.

Windows 7 does not cause any more reference problems than any other
version of Windows.

If everyone would avoid adding any references other than the base
three (Access, VBA and DAO), they'd not run into these problems.
Late binding allows the use of all sorts of external libraries
without exposing the app to the broken reference problem.

I can't see why anyone would ever add references to anything other
than those basic three, except perhaps naivete, or laziness.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:24:48 +1200, "Bob Vance"
> <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Thanks John but what happens when you buy a new machine that has
>>win7 pre loaded
>
> I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
>
> Sorry if my response sounded like criticism of you - that wasn't
> the intent at all! I'm simply saying that "I Don't Know" and can't
> give you any advice, because I don't have Win7 and cannot do any
> testing. Apologies if it came across as anything other than that!

If you have an MSDN subscription, I highly recommend that you
download and install Win7. It's the best version of Windows since
Windows 2000, by a longshot, and I'd say it's better than Win2K, as
well. I really love it and am finding my clients do, too.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last