From: Bob Vance on
All my Dates in my friends access db are erroring now that my friend has
windows 7 Installed, Has anyone heard about this???

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:11:32 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>All my Dates in my friends access db are erroring now that my friend has
>windows 7 Installed, Has anyone heard about this???

This appears to be the very common References bug. Open any
module in design view, or open the VBA editor by typing
Ctrl-G. Select Tools... References from the menu. One of the
..DLL files required by Access will probably be marked
MISSING. Uncheck it, recheck it, close and open Access.

If none are MISSING, check any reference; close and open
Access; then uncheck it again. This will force Access to
relink the libraries.

It may be that the .DLL files have different names or a different location in
Windows 7.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Jerry Whittle on
Anytime I see a problem with the Date() function, I have a knee-jerk reaction
about references. Go to the following web page for information on checking
references:

http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0001.htm
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Bob Vance on
Thanks John, My db on my machine is fine with XP, My db on my friends
machine is Runtime Windows 7 will that make a difference??
Regadrs Bob

From: Bob Vance on
Going by my friends screen shoots of my db, It is erroring
Function is not available in Expressions in query expression
Format([HorseDate],"dd-mmm-yy".
12 errors and they all finish with a dot and not a bracket is this normal???
Regards Bob

"John W. Vinson" <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:11:32 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>>All my Dates in my friends access db are erroring now that my friend has
>>windows 7 Installed, Has anyone heard about this???
>
> This appears to be the very common References bug. Open any
> module in design view, or open the VBA editor by typing
> Ctrl-G. Select Tools... References from the menu. One of the
> .DLL files required by Access will probably be marked
> MISSING. Uncheck it, recheck it, close and open Access.
>
> If none are MISSING, check any reference; close and open
> Access; then uncheck it again. This will force Access to
> relink the libraries.
>
> It may be that the .DLL files have different names or a different location
> in
> Windows 7.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]