From: John Pollard on
D.Duck wrote:
> CSM1 wrote:
>> "D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Quicken 2010. Is all information contained in QhickenData.QDF data
>>> file, including my non-default program preferences?
>>>
>>> In other words can I take this single file and use it on a
>>> completely different Quicken program installation and retain "all"
>>> features/preferences from the original installation?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Probably...If it is the same version (Year) of Quicken.
>>
>> There are some program preferences that are not in that data file.
>> Some program settings are in a set of .ini files in the Quicken
>> Program folder.

> I checked the date/time stamp on all files in the Quicken Programs
> directories. I found none with a later date than the day I installed
> Quicken. Of coure the *.QDF files are updated every time i close
> Quicken.

There are some Quicken "settings" maintained in files in folders in
Documents and Settings (or the Vista/Win 7 equivalent, I believe).

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: D.Duck on
John Pollard wrote:
> D.Duck wrote:
>> CSM1 wrote:
>>> "D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in

>>> Probably...If it is the same version (Year) of Quicken.
>>>
>>> There are some program preferences that are not in that data file.
>>> Some program settings are in a set of .ini files in the Quicken
>>> Program folder.
>
>> I checked the date/time stamp on all files in the Quicken Programs
>> directories. I found none with a later date than the day I installed
>> Quicken. Of coure the *.QDF files are updated every time i close
>> Quicken.
>
> There are some Quicken "settings" maintained in files in folders in
> Documents and Settings (or the Vista/Win 7 equivalent, I believe).

The Win 7 (which I'm using) equivalent of Docs and Settings is Users.
The only Quicken folders/files I find under Users are located at: Users
From: John Pollard on
D.Duck wrote:
> John Pollard wrote:
>> D.Duck wrote:

>>> I checked the date/time stamp on all files in the Quicken Programs
>>> directories. I found none with a later date than the day I
>>> installed Quicken. Of coure the *.QDF files are updated every time
>>> i close Quicken.
>>
>> There are some Quicken "settings" maintained in files in folders in
>> Documents and Settings (or the Vista/Win 7 equivalent, I believe).

> The Win 7 (which I'm using) equivalent of Docs and Settings is Users.
> The only Quicken folders/files I find under Users are located at: Users
>> MyName > My Documents > Quicken are the *.qdf file(s) and backup
>> files.

If your Windows user can see *all* files (hidden, system, restricted,
whatever), you should be able to find other Quicken files (though not all
will have "Quicken" in their name). Some of the files I think you should
find: Quicken.ini; QWREMIND.INI; QUSER.INI; WPR.DAT.

In XP; some of these files would be in:

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Quicken

And some in:

\Documents and Settings\YourWindowsUserName\Application
Data\Intuit\Quicken

From: D.Duck on
John Pollard wrote:
> D.Duck wrote:
>> John Pollard wrote:

>>> There are some Quicken "settings" maintained in files in folders in
>>> Documents and Settings (or the Vista/Win 7 equivalent, I believe).
>

>> The Win 7 (which I'm using) equivalent of Docs and Settings is Users.
>> The only Quicken folders/files I find under Users are located at: Users
>>> MyName > My Documents > Quicken are the *.qdf file(s) and backup
>>> files.
>
> If your Windows user can see *all* files (hidden, system, restricted,
> whatever), you should be able to find other Quicken files (though not all
> will have "Quicken" in their name). Some of the files I think you should
> find: Quicken.ini; QWREMIND.INI; QUSER.INI; WPR.DAT.
>
> In XP; some of these files would be in:
>
> \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Quicken
>
> And some in:
>
> \Documents and Settings\YourWindowsUserName\Application
> Data\Intuit\Quicken

Thanks. Found the files you referenced "hiding" in:

C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config

When I first looked I "over" looked Intuit folders.