From: D.Duck on
Quicken 2010. Is all information contained in QhickenData.QDF data
file, including my non-default program preferences?

In other words can I take this single file and use it on a completely
different Quicken program installation and retain "all"
features/preferences from the original installation?

Thanks
From: CSM1 on
"D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in

> Quicken 2010. Is all information contained in QhickenData.QDF data
> file, including my non-default program preferences?
>
> In other words can I take this single file and use it on a completely
> different Quicken program installation and retain "all"
> features/preferences from the original installation?
>
> Thanks

Probably...If it is the same version (Year) of Quicken.

There are some program preferences that are not in that data file. Some
program settings are in a set of .ini files in the Quicken Program folder.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Andrew on
CSM1 wrote:
> "D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in
>
>> Quicken 2010. Is all information contained in QhickenData.QDF data
>> file, including my non-default program preferences?
>>
>> In other words can I take this single file and use it on a completely
>> different Quicken program installation and retain "all"
>> features/preferences from the original installation?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Probably...If it is the same version (Year) of Quicken.
>
> There are some program preferences that are not in that data file.
> Some program settings are in a set of .ini files in the Quicken
> Program folder.

re/"Probably....", then "There are some program preferences that are not in
that data file."??
Huh?

So the answers to both questions are "No", isn't it? Not everything is in
..qdf that can be transported to retain all setting.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: D.Duck on
CSM1 wrote:
> "D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in
>
>> Quicken 2010. Is all information contained in QhickenData.QDF data
>> file, including my non-default program preferences?
>>
>> In other words can I take this single file and use it on a completely
>> different Quicken program installation and retain "all"
>> features/preferences from the original installation?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Probably...If it is the same version (Year) of Quicken.
>
> There are some program preferences that are not in that data file. Some
> program settings are in a set of .ini files in the Quicken Program folder.

I checked the date/time stamp on all files in the Quicken Programs
directories. I found none with a later date than the day I installed
Quicken. Of coure the *.QDF files are updated every time i close Quicken.
From: CSM1 on
"D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in

> CSM1 wrote:
>> "D.Duck" <Don(a)ld.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Quicken 2010. Is all information contained in QhickenData.QDF data
>>> file, including my non-default program preferences?
>>>
>>> In other words can I take this single file and use it on a
>>> completely different Quicken program installation and retain "all"
>>> features/preferences from the original installation?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Probably...If it is the same version (Year) of Quicken.
>>
>> There are some program preferences that are not in that data file.
>> Some program settings are in a set of .ini files in the Quicken
>> Program folder.
>

> I checked the date/time stamp on all files in the Quicken Programs
> directories. I found none with a later date than the day I installed
> Quicken. Of coure the *.QDF files are updated every time i close
> Quicken.

I checked the ini files in my Quicken folder, your are correct, none of
the files had a date stamp of later than when the program was installed.

So all of the settings are in the one QDF file.

The real test would be to try the concept and see what happens.
You can test before trying for real.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com