From: Mike Paul on
Download transactions for the reinvestment of short or long term capital
gains work correctly, but the manual entry of action "Reinvsh/Reinvlg" get
changed to "Reinvdiv" when the fund name is entered. Does anyone know how to
correct this?

From: John Pollard on
Mike Paul wrote:
> Download transactions for the reinvestment of short or long term
> capital gains work correctly, but the manual entry of action
> "Reinvsh/Reinvlg" get changed to "Reinvdiv" when the fund name is
> entered. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Do you initiate the manual reinvestment transaction from the "Enter
Transactions" button ... or by trying to select an "Action" value in the
register drop down?

I've never had any problem like you report, when I use the Enter
Transactions button (and elect the "Reinvest - Income Reinvested" option
from the "Enter transaction" drop down).

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: John Pollard on
Mike Paul wrote:
> Download transactions for the reinvestment of short or long term
> capital gains work correctly, but the manual entry of action
> "Reinvsh/Reinvlg" get changed to "Reinvdiv" when the fund name is
> entered. Does anyone know how to correct this?

When using the "Reinvest - Income Reinvested" choice from the Enter
Transactions button; you need to put the amount of the dividend and the
number of shares in the "Short-term cap gain dist" boxes.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

Pages: 1
Prev: Quicken on Laptop While Traveling
Next: Date File