From: Andy Medina on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

> "~BD~" <BoaterDaveNoSpam(a)Hotmail.co.uk> babbled in message
>
>> I am an IDIOT!
>>
>> Nowhere do I see an answer to my question:-
>>
>> Is Malwarebytes approved by Microsoft itself? If so, please cite
>> reference.
>>
>> If it really is as good as it sounds, perhaps Microsoft will but
>> it!
>> (They bought Giant - remember?!!)
>
> Will a mention on an official webpage suffice?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Malwarebytes'%20Anti-malware&v=Malwarebytes&uid=1&pf=0&pi=0&c=Communication%20%26%20Internet&sc=Security&os=32-bit

Actually the question is idiotic, but that's to be expected
from the ~bd~ IDIOT. Why does MS have to approve it?

And what's the deal with changing a thread's subject line
~bd~ IDIOT? Not to mention the idiotic editing of the
post you replied to, which I sort of undid to reflect the
true aim of the original, which stated that ~bd~ is an
IDIOT. Now it is truthful.

From: Andy Medina on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> "~BD~" <BoaterDaveNoSpam(a)Hotmail.co.uk> babbled in message
>
>> Nowhere do I see an answer to my question:-
>>
>> Is Malwarebytes approved by Microsoft itself? If so, please cite
>> reference.
>
> Will a mention on an official webpage suffice?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Malwarebytes'%20Anti-malware&v=Malwarebytes&uid=1&pf=0&pi=0&c=Communication%20%26%20Internet&sc=Security&os=32-bit

BTW turn it around: ~bd~, show us a reference
of software that MS has "approved".

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Andy Medina" <gmedina(a)email.arizona.edu> wrote in message
> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>
>> "~BD~" <BoaterDaveNoSpam(a)Hotmail.co.uk> babbled in message
>>
>>> I am an IDIOT!
>>>
>>> Nowhere do I see an answer to my question:-
>>>
>>> Is Malwarebytes approved by Microsoft itself? If so, please cite
>>> reference.
>>>
>>> If it really is as good as it sounds, perhaps Microsoft will but it!
>>> (They bought Giant - remember?!!)
>>
>> Will a mention on an official webpage suffice?
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Malwarebytes'%20Anti-malware&v=Malwarebytes&uid=1&pf=0&pi=0&c=Communication%20%26%20Internet&sc=Security&os=32-bit
>
> Actually the question is idiotic, but that's to be expected
> from the ~bd~ IDIOT. Why does MS have to approve it?

They don't have to, but it would lend credibility toward its
trustworthiness if they mentioned it. You *won't* find "Remove-it"
mentioned in the same light on a Microsoft webpage. BoaterDave plays the
"average user" advocate role -and wants to find a reason to believe
PCButts' software is not to be trusted while Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
is. Since both "programs" are aware of each other and act on that
awareness in a feud-like manner, it may confuse "average user".

(the evidence he's already been shown *should* have been enough - but BD
is BD after all)

[...]

From: ~BD~ on
FromTheRafters wrote:

>> They don't have to, but it would lend credibility toward its
>> trustworthiness if they mentioned it. You *won't* find "Remove-it"
>> mentioned in the same light on a Microsoft webpage. BoaterDave plays
>> the "average user" advocate role -and wants to find a reason to
>> believe PCButts' software is not to be trusted while Malwarebytes'
>> Anti-Malware is. Since both "programs" are aware of each other and
>> act on that awareness in a feud-like manner, it may confuse "average
>> user".
>>
>> (the evidence he's already been shown *should* have been enough -
>> but BD is BD after all)

BD appreciates all the help and guidance given by FTR - and thanks him!
:)

Banning me from The Malwarebytes forums - an organisation which has no
physical address nor contact *telephone* number - is not helpful in
persuading the average user that Malwarebytes *is* bonio fido.

However, a link with Sunbelt Software *is* welcomed. I've tried the new
facility on this laptop and am pleased to report that no malware was
discovered!

--
Dave

From: Peter Foldes on
Tell me David. What was the purpose of this post of yours. Your whole post is
looking very strongly as Trolling
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"~BD~" <BoaterDave.always(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> BD appreciates all the help and guidance given by FTR - and thanks him!
> :)
>
> Banning me from The Malwarebytes forums - an organisation which has no
> physical address nor contact *telephone* number - is not helpful in
> persuading the average user that Malwarebytes *is* bonio fido.
>
> However, a link with Sunbelt Software *is* welcomed. I've tried the new
> facility on this laptop and am pleased to report that no malware was
> discovered!
>
> --
> Dave

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last