From: David Kaye on
l(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Do *not* install and/or run MBAM in Safe Mode - it is designed to be at full
>power in Normal Mode, and in actual fact, uses a special driver that does not
>work in Safe Mode. >>This advice comes from the MBAM developers themselves.<<
>
>Using MBAM in Safe Mode should only be a *last resort* when all else fails.
>-=
>Run a Full Scan with MBAM in Normal Mode again.

Can you cite somewhere that the MBAM developers have said that it should be
run only in normal mode? I have found that MBAM runs faster and seems to
catch more mice in safe mode. I'll gladly change my method if you can show me
that they've said such a thing.

Okay, I just did a search on MBAM's website and cannot come up with anything
saying to not run MBAM in safe mode, so please give me a URL pointing the way.
Thanks.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| l(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>>Do *not* install and/or run MBAM in Safe Mode - it is designed to be at full
>>power in Normal Mode, and in actual fact, uses a special driver that does not
>>work in Safe Mode. >>This advice comes from the MBAM developers themselves.<<

>>Using MBAM in Safe Mode should only be a *last resort* when all else fails.
>>-=
>>Run a Full Scan with MBAM in Normal Mode again.

| Can you cite somewhere that the MBAM developers have said that it should be
| run only in normal mode? I have found that MBAM runs faster and seems to
| catch more mice in safe mode. I'll gladly change my method if you can show me
| that they've said such a thing.

| Okay, I just did a search on MBAM's website and cannot come up with anything
| saying to not run MBAM in safe mode, so please give me a URL pointing the way.
| Thanks.

Nobody says it shouldn't be run in Safe Mode. There are times when it may actually
execute in Safe Mode but fail to execute in Normal Mode.

However, some of the internal program algorithms are designed specifically for Normal
mode.

--
Dave

From: Joyce on

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>
>
> | l(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >>Do *not* install and/or run MBAM in Safe Mode - it is designed to be at full
> >>power in Normal Mode, and in actual fact, uses a special driver that does not
> >>work in Safe Mode. >>This advice comes from the MBAM developers themselves.<<
>
> >>Using MBAM in Safe Mode should only be a *last resort* when all else fails.
> >>-=
> >>Run a Full Scan with MBAM in Normal Mode again.
>
> | Can you cite somewhere that the MBAM developers have said that it should be
> | run only in normal mode? I have found that MBAM runs faster and seems to
> | catch more mice in safe mode. I'll gladly change my method if you can show me
> | that they've said such a thing.
>
> | Okay, I just did a search on MBAM's website and cannot come up with anything
> | saying to not run MBAM in safe mode, so please give me a URL pointing the way.
> | Thanks.
>

> Nobody says it shouldn't be run in Safe Mode. There are times when it may actually
> execute in Safe Mode but fail to execute in Normal Mode.
>
> However, some of the internal program algorithms are designed specifically for Normal
> mode.
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
>

> I ran MBAM in safemode because the virus would not let me do anything in normal mode. I ran it 3 times. First time found 2 items. Second time found 4 items. 3rd time found zero. I then was able to reboot and update and run in normal mode.

Does anyone know if this completely removed the virus or do I have something
lingering. An IT person directed me to this site:
http://windowsprotection.net/how-to-remove-trojanfraudpack-trojan-fraudpack-removal-guide/

It located many items but would only remove them if I bought the product
from PC Doctor. Anyone familiar with this?
....Joyce

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Joyce" <Joyce(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| Does anyone know if this completely removed the virus or do I have something
| lingering. An IT person directed me to this site:
| http://windowsprotection.net/how-to-remove-trojanfraudpack-trojan-fraudpack-removal-
| guide/

| It located many items but would only remove them if I bought the product
| from PC Doctor. Anyone familiar with this?

It is a trojan and NOT a virus and MBAM will remove the "trojan".

--
Dave