From: joel garry on
On Dec 4, 1:10 pm, Ben <benal...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 4:00 pm, Ben <benal...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Nuno has talked a lot about this both on cdos and in his blog ... not
> > > hard to find those is it?
>
> > > As I remember it the problems start popping up under load and when the
> > > "owner.table_name" or "owner.view_name" isn't completely specified
> > > ( ie the "owner." part ommitted ).
>
> > > Maybe I don't have a good understanding of it though so check out what
> > > Nuno has written ( isn't it dbas-r-us for his blog or similar ).
>
> > I just spent about 20 minutes trying to sift through the blog, ( it is
> > hell trying to find anything on a blog unless you know the approximate
> > timeline ) and did a google search for cdos ( which just gets me debt
> > consolidation sites ). anyway I could get a link or unabreviated name
>
> Sorry, I meant to *ask* if * I could * get a link. working on 4 hours
> sleep and a sinus infection that is making me quite groggy

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/84db8cf221d5781/eed68bf53ca0f7b6?lnk=st&q=author%3Anetcomrade&rnum=34#eed68bf53ca0f7b6

You can get there by following links found with the following Google
Groups search:
wrong schema author:noons

bug 5458753 refers to similar bugs on other platforms and versions.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"It's government-mandated collusion." - Bert Ely, banking consultant,

From: The Boss on
Ben wrote:
> On Dec 4, 4:00 pm, Ben <benal...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Nuno has talked a lot about this both on cdos and in his blog ...
>>> not hard to find those is it?
>>
>>> As I remember it the problems start popping up under load and when
>>> the "owner.table_name" or "owner.view_name" isn't completely
>>> specified ( ie the "owner." part ommitted ).
>>
>>> Maybe I don't have a good understanding of it though so check out
>>> what Nuno has written ( isn't it dbas-r-us for his blog or similar
>>> ).
>>
>> I just spent about 20 minutes trying to sift through the blog, ( it
>> is
>> hell trying to find anything on a blog unless you know the
>> approximate
>> timeline ) and did a google search for cdos ( which just gets me debt
>> consolidation sites ). anyway I could get a link or unabreviated
>> name?- Hide quoted text -

> Sorry, I meant to *ask* if * I could * get a link. working on 4 hours
> sleep and a sinus infection that is making me quite groggy.

Search this groups' archive for a thread called
"here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch"
and have a look at Noons post of July 20th.

--
Jeroen

From: Noons on
On Dec 5, 8:00 am, Ben <benal...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just spent about 20 minutes trying to sift through the blog, ( it is
> hell trying to find anything on a blog unless you know the approximate
> timeline ) and did a google search for cdos ( which just gets me debt
> consolidation sites ). anyway I could get a link or unabreviated name?

Sorry for that, Ben. Took me a while
to come back here: been locked in courses
the last two days.

You can read about someone else's
problems with it as well here:

http://christianbilien.wordpress.com/2007/03/

post of March 14th (just in case I get the usual
interjection insinuating "somehow I'm the only one
with this problem"...)

The Metalink note mentioned there talks about it.
The bug mentioned in someone else's post
also explains what the problem is.

I personally opened two calls with Oracle nearly
three years ago with precisely the same problem,
first with 9i, then with 10g. Which were closed by
Oracle Support as "known problem, fixed in 11g".

Boy, did this cause us a problem!...
Try to explain to google for example that 3.5
million of their clicks just didn't get accounted
for because they got aggregated into another
table. They don't like that sort of explanation...

3(three) years ago! And it was a "known" bug
waaaaaay back then...
In fact, it's been "known" since the auto-sga
started, in 9i early releases.

It is absolutely ludicrous it hasn't yet been fixed
in ALL available releases. Not just 11g
(*IF* it is fixed there...).

And then some folks have the gall to call
me cynical when I point out that this is
inadmissible in a product that:

1- is charged for, not freeware
2- that claims to be "enterprise class"
3- that claims to be "unbreakable"
4- that is pushed as multi-schema,
multi-aplication capable.

As a matter of additional info and to end in
a positive note: read the whole of Christian's
blog, it is well worth someone's time no matter
how much they know about Oracle.

Kevin Closson mentioned it a while
ago and I thank God he did!
From: Ben on
On Dec 5, 6:36 am, Noons <wizofo...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 8:00 am, Ben <benal...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I just spent about 20 minutes trying to sift through the blog, ( it is
> > hell trying to find anything on a blog unless you know the approximate
> > timeline ) and did a google search for cdos ( which just gets me debt
> > consolidation sites ). anyway I could get a link or unabreviated name?
>
> Sorry for that, Ben. Took me a while
> to come back here: been locked in courses
> the last two days.
>
> You can read about someone else's
> problems with it as well here:
>
> http://christianbilien.wordpress.com/2007/03/
>
> post of March 14th (just in case I get the usual
> interjection insinuating "somehow I'm the only one
> with this problem"...)
>
> The Metalink note mentioned there talks about it.
> The bug mentioned in someone else's post
> also explains what the problem is.
>
> I personally opened two calls with Oracle nearly
> three years ago with precisely the same problem,
> first with 9i, then with 10g. Which were closed by
> Oracle Support as "known problem, fixed in 11g".
>
> Boy, did this cause us a problem!...
> Try to explain to google for example that 3.5
> million of their clicks just didn't get accounted
> for because they got aggregated into another
> table. They don't like that sort of explanation...
>
> 3(three) years ago! And it was a "known" bug
> waaaaaay back then...
> In fact, it's been "known" since the auto-sga
> started, in 9i early releases.
>
> It is absolutely ludicrous it hasn't yet been fixed
> in ALL available releases. Not just 11g
> (*IF* it is fixed there...).
>
> And then some folks have the gall to call
> me cynical when I point out that this is
> inadmissible in a product that:
>
> 1- is charged for, not freeware
> 2- that claims to be "enterprise class"
> 3- that claims to be "unbreakable"
> 4- that is pushed as multi-schema,
> multi-aplication capable.
>
> As a matter of additional info and to end in
> a positive note: read the whole of Christian's
> blog, it is well worth someone's time no matter
> how much they know about Oracle.
>
> Kevin Closson mentioned it a while
> ago and I thank God he did!

thanks to all for pointing me to the posts. That is amazing to me. We
run JDE and there are probably 3 data schemas that have identical
tables, 3 control data schemas with identical tables, and 3 more meta-
type data schemas with identical tables. Yet, I've yet to hit the
problem. I'd would have to say it is probably because the ERP system
uses fully qualified sql statments.

Do you know if this can happen if you are logged in as one of the
schema owners? Is this limited to a certain platform?
From: joel garry on
On Dec 5, 3:36 am, Noons <wizofo...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> http://christianbilien.wordpress.com/2007/03/

One of those links that makes this group worthwhile - LOL that the
post on topic here is filed under Off Topic there. That explain plan
deadlock post is eye-opening too. Thanks!

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"Australian hams missing? We have Russell Crowe right here!" - heard