From: LA Lawyer on
I have some programming that includes using a contact's name which sometimes
includes an apostrophe, like O'Keefe, O'Reilly, etc. This is causing me
grief when it crashes otherwise perfect coding.

How can I deal with this issue?

From: fredg on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:17:52 -0800, LA Lawyer wrote:

> I have some programming that includes using a contact's name which sometimes
> includes an apostrophe, like O'Keefe, O'Reilly, etc. This is causing me
> grief when it crashes otherwise perfect coding.
>
> How can I deal with this issue?

The usual fix is to use """" instead of "'".
How about posting the current code that is causing the error so we can
work with what you're using.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:17:52 -0800, "LA Lawyer" <hkapp(a)kapplaw.com> wrote:

>I have some programming that includes using a contact's name which sometimes
>includes an apostrophe, like O'Keefe, O'Reilly, etc. This is causing me
>grief when it crashes otherwise perfect coding.
>
>How can I deal with this issue?

Either use " to delimit your text strings and criteria, or double up the
apostrophe. It might help if you would post the relevant part of your code.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]