From: Drazic on
"Russ D" <russd(a)myowndomain.org> wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:20:22 +0100, "Drazic" <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote:
>
>>"Drazic" <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote in message
>>

>>Speaking of AF, has anyone used a 7D when panning? Or more specifically,
>>the custom function for 'AI Servo Tracking Sensitivity' when panning?
>>
>>One of the major p*ss offs for missing a shot with AF was when panning a
>>moving subject and the AF would suddenly try to focus on an object in the
>>foreground that briefly got in the way.
>>
>>Curious to know how well it works, particularly from anyone who shoots
>>birds/airplanes/sports.
>
> These situations will always be where the skill of the photographer comes
> into play. Quickly lock the camera into manual focus at a hyperfocal
> setting. I don't care how much you want to depend on a fully automated
> point & shoot DSLR to accomplish all your photography for you. No camera
> on
> earth will be able to predict the proper exposure and focus in situations
> like those. This is why I use high-quality super-zoom P&S cameras for all
> my fast subject needs. I don't have to worry about having to change lenses
> for the right focal-length too as a bird in flight quickly moves from 5
> meters to 100 meters away. Set a focus at a hyperfocal distance and I get
> perfect shot every time.
>
> But you go ahead, keep trying to be a snapshooter and keep trying to find
> camera that will make up for your lack of talent. They all do it, so you
> should too.

LOL, you're post's crack me up.

I'm not being sarcastic BTW, for some reason your post's make me laugh.

From: Ray Fischer on
Drazic <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote:
>"Drazic" <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote in message
>

>Speaking of AF, has anyone used a 7D when panning? Or more specifically,
>the custom function for 'AI Servo Tracking Sensitivity' when panning?
>
>One of the major p*ss offs for missing a shot with AF was when panning a
>moving subject and the AF would suddenly try to focus on an object in the
>foreground that briefly got in the way.

That too is adjustable. You can change the sensitivity to sudden
changes in focus distance. The tradeoff is, of course, a possible
lack of responsiveness.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bruce on
On 07 May 2010 04:59:00 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Drazic <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote:
>>"Drazic" <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote in message
>>

>>Speaking of AF, has anyone used a 7D when panning? Or more specifically,
>>the custom function for 'AI Servo Tracking Sensitivity' when panning?
>>
>>One of the major p*ss offs for missing a shot with AF was when panning a
>>moving subject and the AF would suddenly try to focus on an object in the
>>foreground that briefly got in the way.
>
>That too is adjustable. You can change the sensitivity to sudden
>changes in focus distance. The tradeoff is, of course, a possible
>lack of responsiveness.

So if you program in a lack of responsiveness, a possible result is a
lack of responsiveness?

Kool.

From: Ray Fischer on
Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>Drazic <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote:
>>>"Drazic" <drazic(a)mocktown.net> wrote in message

>>>Speaking of AF, has anyone used a 7D when panning? Or more specifically,
>>>the custom function for 'AI Servo Tracking Sensitivity' when panning?
>>>
>>>One of the major p*ss offs for missing a shot with AF was when panning a
>>>moving subject and the AF would suddenly try to focus on an object in the
>>>foreground that briefly got in the way.
>>
>>That too is adjustable. You can change the sensitivity to sudden
>>changes in focus distance. The tradeoff is, of course, a possible
>>lack of responsiveness.
>
>So if you program in a lack of responsiveness, a possible result is a
>lack of responsiveness?

You don't read so well, do you? Do you really think that
"sensitivity" is synonymous with "responsiveness"?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bruce on
On 07 May 2010 17:05:03 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>>>That too is adjustable. You can change the sensitivity to sudden
>>>changes in focus distance. The tradeoff is, of course, a possible
>>>lack of responsiveness.
>>
>>So if you program in a lack of responsiveness, a possible result is a
>>lack of responsiveness?
>
>You don't read so well, do you?

I can read a heck of a lot better than you can write, pal. ;-)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Lighting equipment for portraits
Next: Does the crop work?