From: dvargo1226 on

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> I don't leave messages on the server, but just realized that Comcast (my
> server) recently made changes
> to their Smartzone e-mail system. Maybe there is a glitch with that and not
> actually with my Outlook.

If you download your messages into Outlook and delete them from the server in
the process, I don't see right now how anything Comcast could do would cause
deleted items to return. Nonetheless, after you delete messages, use your wen
browser log into the mail server to see if, in fact, the messages have been
removed from the mailbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: dvargo1226 on

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "dvargo1226" <dvargo1226(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I don't leave messages on the server, but just realized that Comcast (my
> > server) recently made changes
> > to their Smartzone e-mail system. Maybe there is a glitch with that and not
> > actually with my Outlook.
>
> If you download your messages into Outlook and delete them from the server in
> the process, I don't see right now how anything Comcast could do would cause
> deleted items to return. Nonetheless, after you delete messages, use your wen
> browser log into the mail server to see if, in fact, the messages have been
> removed from the mailbox.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .
I finally got an error message when I opened Outlook. Stated I needed to run
the Inbox repair tool scanpst.exe. I did that and hope that maybe that will
fix the problem.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> I finally got an error message when I opened Outlook. Stated I needed to run
> the Inbox repair tool scanpst.exe. I did that and hope that maybe that will
> fix the problem.

Let us know.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: dvargo1226 on
Well, that didn't fix the problem. I still am getting e-mails I delete back
in my inbox. I don't have them on the server e-mail, but in Outlook. It is
sporatic in when it occurs and what e-mails show up. Not every day, not every
time I delete either. Maybe one of those great mysteries of life? Where to go
from here is unknown to me.