From: Johnw on
Richard was thinking very hard :
> Perhaps upgrading to IE8 might be the fix

Instead of updating IE, I would try this IE engined browser, I have 40
browsers installed, so there is no problem adding another. This browser
has a look & feel that is very similar to what you are used to.

Crazy Browser
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Crazy-Browser.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Crazy-Browser-Screenshot-73.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=549&file=11&evp=555cc484944e4dff76475f8cdd417fa3
http://www.crazybrowser.com/
Portable Crazy Browser
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Windows-Portable-Applications-Portable-Crazy-Browser.shtml

Once installed, click on > Options > Advanced Options. Go down to
Pop-Up blocker & tick the first 2 Boxes ( Enable Smart etc & Allow
Pop-ups etc )
Now go to the next section > Content Filter & tick > Enable Content
Filter.

From: Johnw on
Richard laid this down on his screen :
> Is there a safe way of deleting doubleclick.net. It is a PITA as I can't use
> the browser (IE) back arrow to return to a previous site. Thanks in advance.

Here is another browser that will suit your needs.

WebSpirit
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/WebSpirit.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/WebSpirit-Screenshot-148057.html
http://www.webspiritbrowser.com/index.php?r=home