From: B Lynn B on
This assumes Column A is continuously populated from top to bottom of data
set. If not, then pick another column to use for finding last row. You can
also use the UsedRange property of the sheet if necessary.

Sub NoXDups()

Dim TestR As Long
Dim MyStr As String

For TestR = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row To 1 Step -1
MyStr = Cells(TestR, "X").Value
If Range("X:X").Find(what:=MyStr, After:=Range("X1"), _
LookAt:=xlWhole).Row <> TestR Then
Rows(TestR & ":" & TestR).Delete shift:=xlUp
End If
Next TestR

End Sub

From: Jbm on
I tried your macro, but it doesn't seem to be working... Maybe the fact that
there are headers is screwing it up? I've been working with your code since
you posted it, but I can't get it to work correctly (Column A has data in
every cell until the bottom of my data set).
From: Jbm on
Ryguy -- I can't install new software on this machine.

Gord -- it's telling me that it removed 11 duplicates, and 400some unique
values remain. Despite this, all the duplicates I can see are still there
(and I am carefully checking to make sure they are the exact same.... They
are).
From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com

From: Jbm on
Well this is deleting things, but not necessarily duplicates, and oftentimes
cells instead of rows (which means correlated data is getting thrown off).
Not all the data is in one cell, sorting would be allowed as long as the rows
of data each stay together.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Macro if criteria