From: B Lynn B on
The headers would not prevent it working unless you had a blank row between
the headers and the data, or no header in column A. Before posting, I tested
this (Excel 2007 Pro) on a block of data with duplicates in column X and it
worked just fine. And it accounts for all the conditions that appeared to
need satisfying. From your sample data, it seems the duplicates may not be
listed consecutively, and you specified the first instance should be the one
left, so re-sorting the data is likely to create problems.

If you've copied this section into a procedure that does other things as
well, perhaps you could post the whole thing to see if there is some other
factor causing it to fail. You don't happen to have any protection on the
sheet do you?

From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com
"Jbm" <Jbm(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well this is deleting things, but not necessarily duplicates, and
> oftentimes
> cells instead of rows (which means correlated data is getting thrown off).
> Not all the data is in one cell, sorting would be allowed as long as the
> rows
> of data each stay together.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3