From: JayB on
that should never happen.
it sounds to me like you have another major problem going on there,
suck as the hard drive going bad and corrupting files.
you should run a full diagnostic before doing anything else.

to answer your question, yes you can click on each question mark driver
and reinstall each separately.

From: occam on
On 15/02/2010 16:28, JayB wrote:
> that should never happen.
> it sounds to me like you have another major problem going on there,
> suck as the hard drive going bad and corrupting files.
> you should run a full diagnostic before doing anything else.

I have run chkdsk, system file checker (sfc /scannow). Neither have
thrown up any issues, hence no hints as to what the problem may be.