From: Tony Houghton on
In <GDAan.35629$Ym4.5286(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>,
Colin Brough <Colin.Brough(a)blueyonder.invalid> wrote:

> Used usb-creator to put the .iso onto the stick - same process and
> same stick as I'd used to (successfully) put Ubuntu on my netbook a
> few weeks back...

Last time I used usb-creator (running on UNR 9.10, using a Mint 8 ISO)
my stick wouldn't boot either. unetbootin worked on the same ISO though,
try that.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk
From: Colin Brough on
Tony Houghton wrote:
> In <GDAan.35629$Ym4.5286(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>,
> Colin Brough <Colin.Brough(a)blueyonder.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Used usb-creator to put the .iso onto the stick - same process and
>> same stick as I'd used to (successfully) put Ubuntu on my netbook a
>> few weeks back...
>
> Last time I used usb-creator (running on UNR 9.10, using a Mint 8 ISO)
> my stick wouldn't boot either. unetbootin worked on the same ISO though,
> try that.

Star! That worked a treat.

Now off to try and figure out why its not detecting the ethernet
adapter!

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough Colin.Brough(a)blueyonder.invalid
(Replace .invalid with .co.uk to reply)