From: Steve W. on
Von Fourche wrote:
> "Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Von Fourche wrote:
>>> I bought a 23 inch LCD monitor for my computer at Christmas time.
>>> Today
>>> a vertical line, blue colored, is running
>>> from the top to bottom of the screen. Are these dead pixels or what?
>>> I've
>>> only had this monitor since Christmas.
>>> Anyway to fix it is the line stuck there for good?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> Have another computer you could hook it to to test it?
>

> A lap top.

That would work. Hook it up and see what you get. If the monitor shows a
line when connected to the lap-top then it's the monitor. If not then
your vid card may be failing.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)
From: Von Fourche on

> Von Fourche wrote:
>> "Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Have another computer you could hook it to to test it?
>>

>> A lap top.
>>

> That would work. Hook it up and see what you get. If the monitor shows a
> line when connected to the lap-top then it's the monitor. If not then
> your vid card may be failing.

Unhooked it from the PC. Still a line. Hooked it up to the laptop.
Still a line.

From: Christopher Muto on
Von Fourche wrote:
> "Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Von Fourche wrote:
>>> "Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> A lap top.
>>>

>> That would work. Hook it up and see what you get. If the monitor shows a
>> line when connected to the lap-top then it's the monitor. If not then
>> your vid card may be failing.
>

> Unhooked it from the PC. Still a line. Hooked it up to the laptop.
> Still a line.

call dell. tell them the sympton and that you tried it on another
computer with the same results. they should send you a replacement and
you can send back the defective monitor in the box that the replacement
comes in.
From: who where on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 00:05:39 -0400, "Von Fourche"
<khonakong(a)hotmail32865473.com> wrote:

>"Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Von Fourche wrote:
>>> "Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> A lap top.
>>>

>> That would work. Hook it up and see what you get. If the monitor shows a
>> line when connected to the lap-top then it's the monitor. If not then
>> your vid card may be failing.
>

> Unhooked it from the PC. Still a line. Hooked it up to the laptop.
>Still a line.

Warranty.

From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> > Anyway to fix it is the line stuck there for good?
> I still have the box. It says 3 year limited warranty.

Get this monitor repaired or replaced under warranty. You are seeing the
results of a short in the panel's matrix. It won't get any better.

William

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Toshiba Satelite