From: Georg Schmidt on
Hello all,

Has anybody already used the new Dell Streak? If so I would be interested
in your experience, especially how it compares to smartphones like the
HTC Desire or the iPhone.

Thanks,
Georg
From: Andy Burns on
Georg Schmidt wrote:

> Has anybody already used the new Dell Streak? If so I would be interested
> in your experience, especially how it compares to smartphones like the
> HTC Desire or the iPhone.

It's android, so it's going to be pretty similar to other 2.1 ones such
as the Desire and Nexus1, it won't have the HTC Sense "skin" (you may
regard that as good) I don't know if Dell have wrapped their own "skin"
instead.

From what I've seen it's comically large as a phone, maybe it classes
as a pocketable tablet size, I dunno.
From: Borg on
Andy Burns wrote:
> Georg Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Has anybody already used the new Dell Streak? If so I would be interested
>> in your experience, especially how it compares to smartphones like the
>> HTC Desire or the iPhone.
>
> It's android, so it's going to be pretty similar to other 2.1 ones such
> as the Desire and Nexus1, it won't have the HTC Sense "skin" (you may
> regard that as good) I don't know if Dell have wrapped their own "skin"
> instead.
>
> From what I've seen it's comically large as a phone, maybe it classes
> as a pocketable tablet size, I dunno.

Its only running Andriod 1.9, there are plans to upgrade it in September.
From: Andy Burns on
Borg wrote:

> Its only running Andriod 1.9, there are plans to upgrade it in September.

There's no such thing as 1.9, maybe it's 1.6?

From: Georg Schmidt on
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:01:41 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:
> Georg Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Has anybody already used the new Dell Streak? If so I would be
>> interested in your experience, especially how it compares to
>> smartphones like the HTC Desire or the iPhone.
>
> It's android, so it's going to be pretty similar to other 2.1 ones such
> as the Desire and Nexus1, it won't have the HTC Sense "skin" (you may
> regard that as good) I don't know if Dell have wrapped their own "skin"
> instead.
>
> From what I've seen it's comically large as a phone, maybe it classes
> as a pocketable tablet size, I dunno.

Thanks for the response. Yes it is quite big. For calling probably not
ideal (I like your expression "comically large") but for surfing it seems
a good alternative. I was wondering whether somebody has used it already
a bit and has discovered some annoyances which you don't notice when you
play around with it in the shop.

Thanks, Georg