From: Dave Symes on
In article <Xns98D9841F34C06JoeB(a)24.70.95.211>,
JoeB <mymail(a)myserver.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> Try clicking on the PSP900enTR.exe link and see if that will
> download. If it does, the patches for it can be obtained on the
> Corel site.

> Regards,

> JoeB

Aha! That seemed to work... I was trying PSP901entr.exe and failing.

Thanks for the help.
Cheers
Dave S

From: JoeB on
"Trev" <trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM> wrote in

> "Dave Symes" <dfs(a)ukgateway.net> wrote in message
>> In article <45d5c5cf$0$16976$4c368faf(a)roadrunner.com>,
>> Vern Stump <VictorDog(a)email.suppressed> wrote:

>>> http://ftp.jasc.com/pub/
>>
>> It's the one I've been trying, just drags you to the Corel New
versions
>> pages.
>>
>>> http://www2.jasc.com/pub/
>>
>> Same thing happens with that URL also.
>>
>> But thanks for the thought.
>> Cheers
>> Dave S
>>
> Strange they both work for me. Try dumping your temp internet
files

This seems to be a recent change, but while it appears that you can
download most things from these ftp sites, the links for v.8.01 and
9.01 now also point me to the Corel site. However, the links for 8.0
and 9.0 will download. All of the resource packs, manuals and other
resources seem to download fine. The patches for v.8.0 and v.9.0 can
be downloaded from the Corel site. I think they work on the trial
versions, but cannot say for sure.

Regards,

JoeB
From: JoeB on

> In article <Xns98D95DB319073JoeB(a)24.70.95.211>,
> JoeB <mymail(a)myserver.com> wrote:
>> Dave Symes <dfs(a)ukgateway.net> wrote in
>
>> > Sent this on the Corel NGs but it obviously vanished.
>> >
>> > I think this has probably been asked a zillion times before, but
>> > can't find a reference, and going to the ftp.jasc.com and
clicking a
>> > link just shoves me off to the C o re l site.
>> > I'm in the process of convincing a friend to come to PSP from
"Other
>> > things", I'm attempting to find a download of a demo of 8.1 or
maybe
>> 9
>> > for him to try out...
>> >
>> > Any specific other URLs, as the one noted above no longer does
the
>> > business?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Dave S
>> >

>> When you get to the site from Vern's links, clicking the en link
on
>> that page will get you another page with more stuff, including
v.9.

>> Regards,
>> JoeB
>
> Thanks Joe that makes it a bit clearer.
> 'Trubble' is now, making sense out of the strange abbreviated file
names.

> Not that it matters really, as any reference I click from that
page, also
> drags me to the Corel site.
>
> Cheers
> Dave S

Further to my previous reply, the only links on those ftp pages that
seem to re-direct me to Corel are for v.9.01 trial and v.8.01 trial.
The links for both 8.0 and 9.0 seem to download. Also, all of the
other extra resources (manuals, resource packs and other resources)
seem to download properly also. The patches for the 8.0 and 9.0
files are on the Corel site.

The abbreviations aren't too difficult to figure out. The "en"
stands for English, the "tr" stands for trial, "ev" stands for
evaluation, "ug" stands for user guide (so psp900enug would be psp9.0
english user guide), etc. PSP901enp is the first patch for v.9.0,
but it's also on the Corel site, which also has the 9.0.1.1 patch.

Even if you're using v.X or XI you might want to download the
different resources available for the previous versions if you don't
have them. The v.9 manual is very useful, being about 5 times as
extensive as the manual that came with v.X, and because v.X didn't
add much it's very useful for some.

Regards,

JoeB
From: Trev on

> In article <Xns98D9841F34C06JoeB(a)24.70.95.211>,
> JoeB <mymail(a)myserver.com> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
>> Try clicking on the PSP900enTR.exe link and see if that will
>> download. If it does, the patches for it can be obtained on the
>> Corel site.
>
>> Regards,
>
>> JoeB
>
> Aha! That seemed to work... I was trying PSP901entr.exe and failing.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Cheers
> Dave S

So you dont need my upload now:`)

From: JoeB on
Dave Symes <dfs(a)ukgateway.net> wrote in

> In article <Xns98D9841F34C06JoeB(a)24.70.95.211>,
> JoeB <mymail(a)myserver.com> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
>> Try clicking on the PSP900enTR.exe link and see if that will
>> download. If it does, the patches for it can be obtained on the
>> Corel site.
>
>> Regards,
>
>> JoeB
>
> Aha! That seemed to work... I was trying PSP901entr.exe and failing.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Cheers
> Dave S

I believe that the 901entr used to work also, but can't say how long it
has been out of commission.

Regards,

JoeB
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last