From: Sara Kirk on
In article <1ingkzz.1lk5omm96m13bN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:

[buying stuff]

> Last time I used (and needed to contact) Amazon was for an item via a
> 3rd party, which I'd bought listed as in stock and been charged for, and
> after a month still not received. Basically got a 'not our problem' off
> Amazon response. Luckily finally did get a refund so all was well in the
> end, but wasn't good when couldn't get to talk to Amazon nor were the
> 3rd party answer the phone.

I had one those recently too. I eventually got a refund but it took a
fair amount of chasing to get a result.

--
Sara

The teeth are free at last! Fly free, young teethies!
From: Andy Hewitt on
Sara Kirk <sarakirk(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <1ingkzz.1lk5omm96m13bN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
> black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:
>
> [buying stuff]
> >
> > Last time I used (and needed to contact) Amazon was for an item via a
> > 3rd party, which I'd bought listed as in stock and been charged for, and
> > after a month still not received. Basically got a 'not our problem' off
> > Amazon response. Luckily finally did get a refund so all was well in the
> > end, but wasn't good when couldn't get to talk to Amazon nor were the
> > 3rd party answer the phone.
>
> I had one those recently too. I eventually got a refund but it took a
> fair amount of chasing to get a result.

I've also had a fair share of good and bad from Amazon. I've yet to try
eBuyer's aftersales service, but so far I've not had any bother.

I've also had good service from other reputedly poor service suppliers,
such as 7Dayshop.com, who I've had to return items to without any bother
at all.

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Woody on
Andy Hewitt <thewildrover(a)me.com> wrote:

> Sara Kirk <sarakirk(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article <1ingkzz.1lk5omm96m13bN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
> > black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:
> >
> > [buying stuff]
> > >
> > > Last time I used (and needed to contact) Amazon was for an item via a
> > > 3rd party, which I'd bought listed as in stock and been charged for, and
> > > after a month still not received. Basically got a 'not our problem' off
> > > Amazon response. Luckily finally did get a refund so all was well in the
> > > end, but wasn't good when couldn't get to talk to Amazon nor were the
> > > 3rd party answer the phone.
> >
> > I had one those recently too. I eventually got a refund but it took a
> > fair amount of chasing to get a result.
>
> I've also had a fair share of good and bad from Amazon. I've yet to try
> eBuyer's aftersales service, but so far I've not had any bother.
>
> I've also had good service from other reputedly poor service suppliers,
> such as 7Dayshop.com, who I've had to return items to without any bother
> at all.

Yes, I have recently returned a laser printer to dabs, which I expected
to be really bad and it was a smooth and faultless system.

--
Woody
From: Andy Hewitt on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

[..]
> > I've also had good service from other reputedly poor service suppliers,
> > such as 7Dayshop.com, who I've had to return items to without any bother
> > at all.
>
> Yes, I have recently returned a laser printer to dabs, which I expected
> to be really bad and it was a smooth and faultless system.

Did I see they're owned by BT now as well? Which makes that even more
amazing!

From: Eddie on
peterd.news(a)googlemail.com wrote:

> I had two hard drives to return, both I suspect screwed by a faulty SATA
> interface.
>
> Amazon returns: click click, print out postage paid return label.
> Replacement arrived the next day, before I'd even posted the return back
> to them. What service!
>
> ebuyer: click click - error message too many redirects. Try again - click
> click error too many redirects. Try again with Firefox - click click type
> in various details.... Management referral "To process your request please
> contact our tech support team on 0871 528 5191." Ho hum, dial dial. "Our
> tech support line is now closed. Please call between etc etc"
>
> So this morning called them up on their expensive 0871 line... "There are
> .. twenty... calls before you, please hold..." Quarter of an hour on
> hold... "There are ... fourteen ... calls before you, please hold..."
> Twenty five minutes subsidising their returns line... "There are ...
> twelve ... calls before you, please hold..."

Interesting - wondered what their after sales was like.

Never had a problem with Amazon or Misco for that matter - both easy to
return goods too - so far.

--
Regards
Eddie