From: Eddie on
Hi,

Have been looking to upgrade my current 20 in dell monitor to a 24 or 26 in
monitor.

The new upgrade to the current Dell 2408 seems to be a long time coming and
I'm still not sure if Dell have sorted some of the reported problems out.

So what to get?

The new Hazro (just released) looks promising - has anyone taken the plunge
yet?

Any other viable alternatives?

--
Regards
Eddie
From: Michael H. Phillips on
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:57:27 +0100, Eddie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have been looking to upgrade my current 20 in dell monitor to a 24 or 26 in
> monitor.
>
> The new upgrade to the current Dell 2408 seems to be a long time coming and
> I'm still not sure if Dell have sorted some of the reported problems out.
>
> So what to get?
>
> The new Hazro (just released) looks promising - has anyone taken the plunge
> yet?
>
> Any other viable alternatives?

There's a new model of the 27" Dell, the 2709W, which is only a few quid
dearer than the 24". I have the older 27" and find it good.

--
Michael

mhphillips at gmail dot com

From: J. J. Lodder on
Eddie <efl42(a)invalid.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have been looking to upgrade my current 20 in dell monitor to a 24 or 26 in
> monitor.
>
> The new upgrade to the current Dell 2408 seems to be a long time coming and
> I'm still not sure if Dell have sorted some of the reported problems out.
>
> So what to get?
>
> The new Hazro (just released) looks promising - has anyone taken the plunge
> yet?

Still at 1920x1200.
The bigger pixels may not be an improvement over a 23" or 24" one
if you do real work instead of just watching movies,

Jan
From: Woody on
J. J. Lodder <nospam(a)de-ster.demon.nl> wrote:

> Eddie <efl42(a)invalid.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have been looking to upgrade my current 20 in dell monitor to a 24 or 26 in
> > monitor.
> >
> > The new upgrade to the current Dell 2408 seems to be a long time coming and
> > I'm still not sure if Dell have sorted some of the reported problems out.
> >
> > So what to get?
> >
> > The new Hazro (just released) looks promising - has anyone taken the plunge
> > yet?
>
> Still at 1920x1200.
> The bigger pixels may not be an improvement over a 23" or 24" one
> if you do real work instead of just watching movies

What happens if your job is a movie critic? would that not then be real
work?

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
From: Richard Tobin on
In article <1im2rno.1jm9mrquq54svN%usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk>,
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

>What happens if your job is a movie critic? would that not then be real
>work?

Duh. Obviously not.

-- Richard