From: sakis87 on

ol****;89276 Wrote:
> "jack flash" <1234(a)abc.de> wrote in message
> > According to Dell rep, they retain the images and CDs only for the
> time
> > the system is still shipping. She happened to mention 120days as of
> the
> > last system production. I was hoping that someone had that disc in
> their
> > possession.
> >
> > -jf
> >
> >> No such thing as a recovery disk. Dell provides real XP disks.
> Just
> > go
> >> to ebay and search for a Dell XP SP2 disk of the flavor you had
> >> originally (Home, Pro, MCE). Since you have the COA on the tower,
> it's
> >> legal to purchase the media. Cost you $20-25 or so.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >>
> I've got ISO's of Win XP SP2 and Dell Utilities for a Dell 3000 I sold
> while back. I sell you a copy of each. Email me

Hello. Can i have this recovery CD ? sakis87(a)hotmail.com

From: Christopher Muto on
sakis87 wrote:
> ol****;89276 Wrote:
>> "jack flash" <1234(a)abc.de> wrote in message
>>> According to Dell rep, they retain the images and CDs only for the
>> time
>>> the system is still shipping. She happened to mention 120days as of
>> the
>>> last system production. I was hoping that someone had that disc in
>> their
>>> possession.
>>>
>>> -jf

>> Just
>>> go
>> it's

>> I've got ISO's of Win XP SP2 and Dell Utilities for a Dell 3000 I sold
>> while back. I sell you a copy of each. Email me
>
> Hello. Can i have this recovery CD ? sakis87(a)hotmail.com

it is not legal to make copies of microsoft windows cds and sell them as
this person is offering. any windows xp will work to reload the
operating system on your dimension 3000 and all the necessary drivers
are available for free download from support.dell.com.
the windows activation code on the side of your system is not required
to be entered if you boot and install windows from a dell branded
windows xp cd (which sell for about $5 on ebay delivered if you do not
have one). if you used a generic windows xp cd the product code will be
needed and will only work with oem (as opposed to retail) editions of
the windows xp cd.
From: sakis87 on

Christopher Muto;1171689 Wrote:
> sakis87 wrote:
> > ol****;89276 Wrote:
> >> "jack flash" <1234(a)abc.de> wrote in message
> >> time
> of
> >> the
> in
> >> their

> >> Just
> tower,
> >> it's

> >> I've got ISO's of Win XP SP2 and Dell Utilities for a Dell 3000 I
> sold
> >> while back. I sell you a copy of each. Email me
> >
> > Hello. Can i have this recovery CD ? sakis87(a)hotmail.com
> >

> it is not legal to make copies of microsoft windows cds and sell them
> as
> this person is offering. any windows xp will work to reload the
> operating system on your dimension 3000 and all the necessary drivers
> are available for free download from support.dell.com.
> the windows activation code on the side of your system is not required
>
> to be entered if you boot and install windows from a dell branded
> windows xp cd (which sell for about $5 on ebay delivered if you do not
>
> have one). if you used a generic windows xp cd the product code will
> be
> needed and will only work with oem (as opposed to retail) editions of
> the windows xp cd.

I dont need windows CD ( it's instaled on my PC in a hiden partition).
But i can't go to this partition because i think need a Recovery disk
for it.
I hope you have an answer. you can email me also. Thanks

From: Tom Scales on

There is no such thing as a Recovery disk. You get to the partition by
pressing CTRL+F11 at the Dell logo on startup (i.e. before the OS). If
that doesn't work, go here:

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/fixmbr.htm

For instructions how to fix it.