From: Larry on
I did google . But one got by my av

The error message on when i get to the desktop reads

Runndll C:/Windows/system32/forburune.dll
Error loading # the specified modual cannot befound.

not sure how to correct problem
Thanks Larry
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> I did google . But one got by my av
>  Error loading # the specified modual cannot befound.

No, it didn't get by your AV. Something nailed the file itself, hence
the reason why it cannot be found.

What's left behind is a reference to the file in the Windows registry.

Try looking in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to
find the abandoned reference and once you're sure it is there,
carefully delete it.

Beware! The registry is not a forgiving place to be. There is no
"undo" key, so type and act carefully.

William
From: Larry on
"William R. Walsh" <wm_walsh(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:30abccec-57b9-
4da9-bf6f-e05ce6f6d4da(a)a12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

> Hi!
>
>> I did google . But one got by my av
>> �Error loading # the specified modual cannot befound.
>
> No, it didn't get by your AV. Something nailed the file itself, hence
> the reason why it cannot be found.
>
> What's left behind is a reference to the file in the Windows registry.
>
> Try looking in:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to
> find the abandoned reference and once you're sure it is there,
> carefully delete it.
>
> Beware! The registry is not a forgiving place to be. There is no
> "undo" key, so type and act carefully.
>
> William

Ok went into registry .Got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft
\Windows\CurrentVersion but no run to. Just Run,Runonce,RunonceEX.Did no
see Fobrume.dll.. WinXP SP2 Dimen8200.
Thanks Larry
From: Larry on
Larry <Larry(a)nospamme.net> wrote in

> "William R. Walsh" <wm_walsh(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:30abccec-57b9-
> 4da9-bf6f-e05ce6f6d4da(a)a12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>> I did google . But one got by my av
>>> �Error loading # the specified modual cannot befound.
>>
>> No, it didn't get by your AV. Something nailed the file itself, hence
>> the reason why it cannot be found.
>>
>> What's left behind is a reference to the file in the Windows registry.
>>
>> Try looking in:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to
>> find the abandoned reference and once you're sure it is there,
>> carefully delete it.
>>
>> Beware! The registry is not a forgiving place to be. There is no
>> "undo" key, so type and act carefully.
>>
>> William
>>

> Ok went into registry .Got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft
> \Windows\CurrentVersion but no run to. Just Run,Runonce,RunonceEX.Did
no
> see Fobrume.dll.. WinXP SP2 Dimen8200.
> Thanks Larry

Did a search in reg it found "NAME disozulen . TYPE Reg SZ.
Rundll32.exe "C:\windows\system32\foburune.dll",a ..
Should i do a reg save first??

Thanks Larry
From: Larry on

> Larry <Larry(a)nospamme.net> wrote in
>
>> "William R. Walsh" <wm_walsh(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:30abccec-57b9-
>> 4da9-bf6f-e05ce6f6d4da(a)a12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> Hi!

>>> No, it didn't get by your AV. Something nailed the file itself, hence
>>> the reason why it cannot be found.
>>>
>>> What's left behind is a reference to the file in the Windows
registry.

>>> Try looking in:
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to
>>> find the abandoned reference and once you're sure it is there,
>>> carefully delete it.
>>>
>>> Beware! The registry is not a forgiving place to be. There is no
>>> "undo" key, so type and act carefully.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>> Ok went into registry .Got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft
>> \Windows\CurrentVersion but no run to. Just Run,Runonce,RunonceEX.Did
> no
>> see Fobrume.dll.. WinXP SP2 Dimen8200.
>> Thanks Larry
>>

> Did a search in reg it found "NAME disozulen . TYPE Reg SZ.
> Rundll32.exe "C:\windows\system32\foburune.dll",a ..
> Should i do a reg save first??
>
> Thanks Larry

Deleted entry . No more message when i boot to desktop. The search
function found it ,across named different "disozulen".
Thanks for the help!!

Larry
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2