From: Bruce Varney on
No much good to me as I am in the UK as already stated.

Bruce.

From: timdrouillard on
FWIW,

Sorry, I forgot you did point the fact that you were in the UK in your
original post.

However, I did check on overstock.coms international web site, and they shop
to the UK no problem.
The same GX620 desktop is priced at GPB 200.77

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Dell-GX620-3.2GHz-1GB-80GB-Desktop-Computer-Tower-Refurbished/4030359/product.html

Just trying to help.

"Bruce Varney" <bruce.varney(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> No much good to me as I am in the UK as already stated.
>
> Bruce.
>
> "timdrouillard" <timdrouillard(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I happen to agree with the people that have already pointed out the
>>options for just buying a new refurbished system.
>>
>> I've bought several refurbished systems from
>> Overstock.com
>> Systime.com
>> as well as the Dell Outlet stores for both Home users and Small Business
>> users.
>>
>> Note: The systems I bought from Dell or Overstock.com came with Windows
>> XP Pro disks.
>> The systems I've bought from Systime did not, although it did already
>> come loaded with XP Pro.
>>
>> As an example. right now at Overstock.com is a GX620 desktop unit for
>> $218 with a 3.2Ghz processor and 1gig of ram.
>> http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Dell-GX620-3.2GHz-1GB-80GB-Desktop-Computer-Tower-Refurbished/4030359/product.html
>>
>> If you don't need a tower case, they also currently have a GX280 slim
>> case with 2.8Ghz processor and 512 meg ram for $138.
>>
>> http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Dell-Optiplex-GX280-2.8GHz-40GB-Computer-Refurbished/4457176/product.html
>>
>> Maybe sell the 8200 to help offset the cost.
>>

>> "Steve W." <csr684(a)NOTyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Got any 8300's in stock? What do you get for a board and processor?
>>> Might just transplant one into my 8200...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve W.
>>> (\___/)
>>> (='.'=)

From: Tony Harding on
On 04/21/10 00:58, Tony Harding wrote:
> On 04/20/10 07:09, Bruce Varney wrote:
>> Appreciate the help but the cost of shipping will rule out from buying
>> across the pond.
>
> Do you have any feel for the cost of shipping US (ZIP 07028) to you? I
> have an XPS410, on which I have run Win7 Pro, replaced 12/31/09 by my
> XPS9000. You could have it very cheaply if you also paid for shipping.
> Let me know if you're interested and we can communicate offline. I have
> the original Dell shipping box, etc., so that won't be a problem.

Never mind - I cruised FedEx and came up with something like US$350 for
a 40lb package (approx the size of the XPS410's box).

From: Bruce Varney on
Thanks for the offer Tony, but the shipping costs are a tad expensive.

Bruce

From: Bruce Varney on
Thank you for all your helpful replies.

Bruce.

> Thanks for the offer Tony, but the shipping costs are a tad expensive.
>
> Bruce
>
> "Tony Harding" <tharding(a)newsguy.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Do you have any feel for the cost of shipping US (ZIP 07028) to you? I
>>> have an XPS410, on which I have run Win7 Pro, replaced 12/31/09 by my
>>> XPS9000. You could have it very cheaply if you also paid for shipping.
>>> Let me know if you're interested and we can communicate offline. I have
>>> the original Dell shipping box, etc., so that won't be a problem.
>>
>> Never mind - I cruised FedEx and came up with something like US$350 for a
>> 40lb package (approx the size of the XPS410's box).

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Dimension 8200 Tower case
Next: Power LED Out-of-Sync