From: Gordon Darling on
Novell Wins! CASE CLOSED!

"Judge Ted Stewart has ruled for Novell and against SCO. Novell's claim
for declaratory judgment is granted; SCO's claims for specific
performance and breach of the implied covenant of good fair and fair
dealings are denied. Also SCO's motion for judgment as a matter of law or
for a new trial: denied. Novell is entitled to waive, at its sole
discretion, claims against IBM, Sequent and other SVRX licensees."

Regards
Gordon

--
ox·y·mo·ron
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra or ox·y·mo·rons
From: unruh on
On 2010-06-10, Gordon Darling <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> Novell Wins! CASE CLOSED!
>
> "Judge Ted Stewart has ruled for Novell and against SCO. Novell's claim
> for declaratory judgment is granted; SCO's claims for specific
> performance and breach of the implied covenant of good fair and fair
> dealings are denied. Also SCO's motion for judgment as a matter of law or
> for a new trial: denied. Novell is entitled to waive, at its sole
> discretion, claims against IBM, Sequent and other SVRX licensees."

Well, not closed. Now we get appeals and more appeals. This can drag on
for centuries yet.

From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-06-11, unruh wrote:
> On 2010-06-10, Gordon Darling <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>> Novell Wins! CASE CLOSED!
>>
>> "Judge Ted Stewart has ruled for Novell and against SCO. Novell's claim
>> for declaratory judgment is granted; SCO's claims for specific
>> performance and breach of the implied covenant of good fair and fair
>> dealings are denied. Also SCO's motion for judgment as a matter of law or
>> for a new trial: denied. Novell is entitled to waive, at its sole
>> discretion, claims against IBM, Sequent and other SVRX licensees."
>
> Well, not closed. Now we get appeals and more appeals.

That *was* the appeal!

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: =======================
From: chris on
On 11/06/10 01:28, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-06-11, unruh wrote:
>> On 2010-06-10, Gordon Darling<me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>>> Novell Wins! CASE CLOSED!
>>>
>>> "Judge Ted Stewart has ruled for Novell and against SCO. Novell's claim
>>> for declaratory judgment is granted; SCO's claims for specific
>>> performance and breach of the implied covenant of good fair and fair
>>> dealings are denied. Also SCO's motion for judgment as a matter of law or
>>> for a new trial: denied. Novell is entitled to waive, at its sole
>>> discretion, claims against IBM, Sequent and other SVRX licensees."
>>
>> Well, not closed. Now we get appeals and more appeals.
>
> That *was* the appeal!

Ah, but there's always the appeal against the appeal...

This will only stop when SCO finally run out of money
From: chris on
On 11/06/10 21:23, Paul Martin wrote:
> In article<husq6b$hh6$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> chris wrote:
>>>
>>> That *was* the appeal!
>
>> Ah, but there's always the appeal against the appeal...
>
>> This will only stop when SCO finally run out of money
>
> Not even then. IBM still has its counterclaims, and can pursue those
> against the remains, perhaps opening up who funded SCO's berserker
> actions.

Ooh, maybe we'll find if MS have really been funding SCO as has been
rumoured...?