From: AP on
On Jan 28, 3:47 am, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
wrote:
> Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
>
> > ... or take a photograph using a digital camera.
>
> I couldn't be bothered to write down even more ways to do it :)
>
> Andrew

As with most things, there are always ways of circumventing the
author's intention. The idea is to discourage such activity e.g. by
making it difficult, disadvantageous, or costly.
From: AP on
On Jan 28, 3:12 am, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
wrote:
> AP wrote:
> > Is it possible to programmatically disable users from capturing an
> > image of a form (e.g. using PrintScreen or Screen Capture software).
>
> > I know one can regularly clear the clipboard but this does not protect
> > against Screen Capture software that uses GetDesktopWindow() or GetDC
> > ().
>
> > Any ideas ?
>
> How about not displaying the form in the first place? Unless you can ensure
> the user is using a protected HDMI route to their monitor, there's not much
> you can do about it, and even then they can use a pencil and paper to copy
> the information.
>
> Andrew

The user needs to see graphics and comments in the form (or whatever
other means of displaying these) but not be able to duplicate the
graphics/comments for distribution. It's much like copyright on books
if you like. Pencil and paper would work but is a lot of hard work.
There's a lot of effort by book producers, e-book producers, stock
photography, etc. to discourage/disable illegal copying and
distribution. I guess I'm trying to see what can be done in the VB
forms arena.

From: J.B. Moreno on
AP <tianung(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 28, 3:47�am, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
> wrote:
> > Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
> >
> > > ... or take a photograph using a digital camera.
> >
> > I couldn't be bothered to write down even more ways to do it :)
> >
> > Andrew
>
> As with most things, there are always ways of circumventing the
> author's intention. The idea is to discourage such activity e.g. by
> making it difficult, disadvantageous, or costly.

And the short answer seems to be "no".

BTW -- almost no copying of static content (such as books and pictures)
is done via screen capture, it's almost exclusively done via scanning
of hardcopies (quicker, easier, and better resolution).

I don't know what you're worried about being copied, but odds are that
you should be worrying about something else instead.

--
J.B. Moreno
From: Andrew Morton on
AP wrote:
> The user needs to see graphics and comments in the form (or whatever
> other means of displaying these) but not be able to duplicate the
> graphics/comments for distribution. It's much like copyright on books
> if you like. Pencil and paper would work but is a lot of hard work.
> There's a lot of effort by book producers, e-book producers, stock
> photography, etc. to discourage/disable illegal copying and
> distribution. I guess I'm trying to see what can be done in the VB
> forms arena.

I suppose you could put a copyright notice on the form, or if it's bespoke
software then you could offer a licence which allows copying and
distribution for a higher fee, and then even put in a facility to save the
data in some easy-to-use format.

Andrew

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
The Egyptians did not do it, but already long while is in use to put on an
image

� xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx