From: AP on
Is it possible to programmatically disable users from capturing an
image of a form (e.g. using PrintScreen or Screen Capture software).

I know one can regularly clear the clipboard but this does not protect
against Screen Capture software that uses GetDesktopWindow() or GetDC
().

Any ideas ?
From: Andrew Morton on
AP wrote:
> Is it possible to programmatically disable users from capturing an
> image of a form (e.g. using PrintScreen or Screen Capture software).
>
> I know one can regularly clear the clipboard but this does not protect
> against Screen Capture software that uses GetDesktopWindow() or GetDC
> ().
>
> Any ideas ?

How about not displaying the form in the first place? Unless you can ensure
the user is using a protected HDMI route to their monitor, there's not much
you can do about it, and even then they can use a pencil and paper to copy
the information.

Andrew

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 1/27/2010 9:00 AM, AP wrote:
> Is it possible to programmatically disable users from capturing an
> image of a form (e.g. using PrintScreen or Screen Capture software).
>
> I know one can regularly clear the clipboard but this does not protect
> against Screen Capture software that uses GetDesktopWindow() or GetDC
> ().
>
> Any ideas ?

Clearing the clipboard in a timer, would be a horrible thing to do to a
user. They would probably suspect a virus if they were also using
something like email while your app was running, and they had a
legitimate copy/paste operation to perform.

--
Mike
From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Andrew --

Am 27.01.2010 15:12, schrieb Andrew Morton:
>> Is it possible to programmatically disable users from capturing an
>> image of a form (e.g. using PrintScreen or Screen Capture software).
>>
>> I know one can regularly clear the clipboard but this does not protect
>> against Screen Capture software that uses GetDesktopWindow() or GetDC
>> ().
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>
> How about not displaying the form in the first place? Unless you can ensure
> the user is using a protected HDMI route to their monitor, there's not much
> you can do about it, and even then they can use a pencil and paper to copy
> the information.

.... or take a photograph using a digital camera.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: Andrew Morton on
Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
> ... or take a photograph using a digital camera.

I couldn't be bothered to write down even more ways to do it :)

Andrew