From: dadiOH on
verizon news groups wrote:
> Thanks, John, the name of the programs is iwantsoft.com children
> control/ Is there any way of finding it in the registry and deleting
> it from there?

Does the program show in the Start/Programs menu? If so, can you start it
from there to get a GUI that allows you to configure it?

In the program's directory, is there an uninstall.exe?

Does it show in the start up tab of msconfig?...if so you can disable it
there.

Have you asked the vendor?
http://www.iwantsoft.com/children-control.htm

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: db on
you might need to boot into
safe mode and try to either
uninstall it from there or

execute a system restore
point and restore the pc back
to a functional point before
installing that program.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: verizon news groups on
Thank you all for your suggestions. Reformatting is the way to go.

Vic

From: John John - MVP on
A very wise decision.

From: Jim on
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:34:10 -0500, "verizon news groups"
<none(a)verizon.net> wrote:

>I purchased a used PC that is running a child protection program blocking
>certain web sites like YouTube and Facebook. The program is password
>protected.
>
>How do I disable or remove the program? I do not have the password. The
>program icon appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
>
>I have tried "Remove/Add Programs" with no success.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Vic

Have/did you ask the seller(s) for the password ?