From: fisch4bill on
I've created a presentation to be a 'real-time' scoreboard for an upcoming
community event. Two of the presentations have 4 slides, the third has 5
slides. All are on a continuous loop. One laptop is running the Presentation,
and the other is for the scorekeeper to track results of the events. I've
installed an add-in that does the updating each time the presentation loops.
Everything works well, except that each time the links update, I get an
obnoxiously intrusive popup asking me if I want to update the links. I'd
*really* like to get rid of the messages. It would be a HUGE hassle to keep a
person there all day to hit the enter key everytime the slide show loops.
I've programmed the Excel sheets with

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways

to try to get rid of this. The workbooks are all shared to prevent messages
about being locked (and asking if I want to open them as Read-Only - which
doesn't seem to update the links). In Excel, I can include a line of VBA code
like:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

to cut out alert messages, but, it doesn't seem like these are the same kind
of alert messages as I've tried adding similar lines of code to the
presentation:

ActivePresentation.UpdateLinks = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = ppAlertsNone

but the messages keep popping up in front of the slide being displayed. This
also hangs the presentation until I respond to the propmpt. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, as there seems to be tremendously less info about
PowerPoint VBA than just about any other kind.
TIA
Bill

Pages: 1
Prev: Templates