From: Outlook Community Outlook on
I just started getting a CONTENT ADVISOR prompt appearing when I open up a
website, or Outlook email inbox, etc.

It asks for the Supervisor's password -- as if I put in a password to this
Advisor site, and won't let me proceed without typing in the correct
password.

Since I've never activated this security site/function, I need to get
directions on how to disable the whole thing. This just started out of the
blue, this afternoon.

PLEASE HELP!
Bill Tregoning
4-15-2010
From: VanguardLH on
Outlook Community wrote:

> I just started getting a CONTENT ADVISOR prompt appearing when I open up a
> website, or Outlook email inbox, etc.
>
> It asks for the Supervisor's password -- as if I put in a password to this
> Advisor site, and won't let me proceed without typing in the correct
> password.
>
> Since I've never activated this security site/function, I need to get
> directions on how to disable the whole thing. This just started out of the
> blue, this afternoon.

Contact the owner of whose host you are using (your parents perhaps?) and
ask them to disable the Content Advisor, or to walk over to their host that
you are using and to enter the supervisor password. Yep, you didn't
activate the Content Advisor. That could've been done by your employer,
parents, whomever is the owner of the host you are using, or by anyone that
you permitted to share your account or by whomever was given an admin-level
account.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asupport.microsoft.com+%22content+advisor%22

Are you also an admin-level user on this host? If so then you have the same
privilege to edit the registry as any other admin-level user. You could
then go delete the password entry in the registry for Content Advisor which
disables it. Google still works:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22content+advisor%22+%2Bremove