From: Rahul on
mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:20100804161915.0ef886e4
@stimpy.site:

> Use "http://www.google.com/linux" for more accurate "Linux" searches

That's a nice trick. Thanks! I never heard of this before. Now I can
finally google "cat" without having 20 felines stare back at me.

Is this documented somewhere? I wonder what other "www.google.com/foo"
keywords exist?

--
Rahul
From: Rahul on
Rahul <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in

Found it. http://www.google.com/options/specialsearches.html

--
Rahul
From: Andrew on
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:19:15 -0500, mjt wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:05:33 -0400
> Andrew <none(a)none.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. nmap listed a service running on several ports titled simply
>> 'status'.
>
> "status" is a function of NFS - it's the network status monitor

That's exactly it. Many thanks.

>> This being a difficult term to get useful google results out of
>
> Use "http://www.google.com/linux" for more accurate "Linux" searches

Huh, that's neat. Makes me wonder if there's also a way to search on C.
(usually effectively un-googlable because C++ stuff comes up)
From: mjt on
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 23:36:10 +0000 (UTC)
Rahul <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Use "http://www.google.com/linux" for more accurate "Linux" searches
>
> That's a nice trick. Thanks! I never heard of this before. Now I can
> finally google "cat" without having 20 felines stare back at me.
>
> Is this documented somewhere? I wonder what other
> "www.google.com/foo" keywords exist?

http://www.google.com/options/specialsearches.html

--
Brook's Law:
Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later

From: mjt on
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:51:56 -0400
Andrew <none(a)none.com> wrote:

> >> This being a difficult term to get useful google results out of
> >
> > Use "http://www.google.com/linux" for more accurate "Linux"
> > searches
>
> Huh, that's neat. Makes me wonder if there's also a way to search on
> C. (usually effectively un-googlable because C++ stuff comes up)

http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/C/
or try "comp.lang.c" ... wait, you already know about that one :)

--
You've been leading a dog's life. Stay off the furniture.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>