From: Chiki on
Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end
database.if so ,please provide me any examples....

thanks in advance.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:42:01 -0700, Chiki <Chiki(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end
>database.if so ,please provide me any examples....
>
>thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "using the tables as the back-end database"?

Data is always stored in tables. These can be local tables, or can be linked
in a backend (which might be an Access backend, SQL/Server, or any ODBC
database).

The Form's Recorsource specifies which table, or can be a query based on a
table or tables.

You might want to see some of the tutorials and resources here:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Chiki on
Ok.Thanks for the reply.But i had checked all the links.there are no links
related to forms or entering data through forms.Please give me any examples
so that i can study them and learn .
Thanks ..........
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:38:01 -0700, Chiki <Chiki(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Ok.Thanks for the reply.But i had checked all the links.there are no links
>related to forms or entering data through forms.Please give me any examples
>so that i can study them and learn .
>Thanks ..........

Open the Northwind sample database (or any of the other sample databases that
come with Access).

Open a form.

Enter some data.

And your statement that these tutorials don't have any information related to
forms or entering data through forms just means that you haven't looked at
them, I'm afraid. They ALL do. That's absolutely basic! Check out Crystal's
form tutorial for example:

http://allenbrowne.com/binary/Access_Basics_Crystal_080220_Chapter_05.pdf

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Chiki on
Thanks, for the reply.
My goodness.Sorry to tell that i had downloaded NORTHWIND database.But the
problem is that i m in a big confusion from where to start studying.I googled
for the instructions or detailed step by step instructions of NORTHWIND
database but unfortunately i cant find it.That is the main reason that i had
said like above..............

Any ways, Thanks very much for giving me the reply.Please tell me in which
order i need to study the NORTHWIND inorder to get a good Knowledge on ACCESS
topics.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: open query from Switchboard