From: cr113 on

I've got a form with a treeview object. When I double click on a
particular node in the treeview I open a second form. The second form
takes awhile to populate so I want to display an hourglass cursor. I
can't get the hourglass to display. What's odd is that it works from a
button click event but not the treeview double click event.

This code doesn't work:

Private Sub TreeView1_DblClick()
Call DoCmd.Hourglass(True)
DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondForm"
End Sub

This code works:

Private Sub Button_Click()
Call DoCmd.Hourglass(True)
DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondForm"
End Sub

The only difference is the event. What is going on?
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Probably that you aren't using the Node Click event.

BTW, a simple

DoCmd.Hourglass True

DoCmd.Hourglass False

turns it on and off
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: cr113 on
On Mar 10, 10:47 am, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arv...(a)mvps.invalid> wrote:
> Probably that you aren't using the Node Click event.

That ended up being my workaround. But why doesn't it work in the
double click event? Is that a bug?
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
On Mar 10, 10:47 am, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arv...(a)mvps.invalid> wrote:
> Probably that you aren't using the Node Click event.

That ended up being my workaround. But why doesn't it work in the
double click event? Is that a bug?

Not a bug, that's the way a TreeView works
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com