From: Peter on
Jose wrote:
> On Jun 9, 5:59 am, Peter<nos...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
>> Jose wrote:

>>> Russ:
>>
>>> I clicked the links in your "signature" and they don't see to work for
>>> me with Chrome. I did not try any other browser and links from other
>>> fols seems to work.
>>> It is you or is it me?
>>
>>> I get stuff like this:
>>
>>> Not Found
>>
>>> The requested URL /www.SBITS.Bizwas not found on this server.
>>
>>> Not Found
>>
>>> The requested URL /www.BPOSMadeEasy.comwas not found on this server.
>>
>> All of them work with my Chrome install. There was an update to Chrome
>> today. Perhaps that will fix it.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>
> I just updated Chrome to 5.0.375.70 and still no go.
>
> I also right click the link, copy address and pasted it into a new
> browser window to no avail:
>
> Same things with Firefox and I am NOT trying IE!
>
> Oh well.
>
> I think I will blame the Windows updates for this phenomenon.

I did the Windows Updates last night so I doubt it's that. Perhaps you
should run your virus scanner and malware scanners. The URLs work in
Seamonkey, IE, Firefox and Chrome for me. They are not malware sites.

--
Peter
From: Peter on
Jose wrot

> I just updated Chrome to 5.0.375.70 and still no go.
>
> I also right click the link, copy address and pasted it into a new
> browser window to no avail:
>
> Same things with Firefox and I am NOT trying IE!
>
> Oh well.
>
> I think I will blame the Windows updates for this phenomenon.

What happens if you manually type the URL address?

--
Peter
From: HeyBub on
Sunny wrote:
> With their NNTP Server closing they just added more groups
> microsoft.public.forecaster
> microsoft.public.frx
> microsoft.public.pos
> microsoft.public.smallbusinessmanager

In any large organization...

During the Cuban Missle Embargo, a U.S. fighter jet violated Russian air
space off Alaska. President Kennedy was heard to mutter: 'There's always
somebody who doesn't get the memo."

From: Daave on
Sunny wrote:
> With their NNTP Server closing they just added more groups
> microsoft.public.forecaster
> microsoft.public.frx
> microsoft.public.pos
> microsoft.public.smallbusinessmanager
>
> ?????

pos... heh :-)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Those NGs have been around for quite some time.