From: Tom Stevenson on
Does anyone know of a User Group for Sun Cluster? We're running 2 and
3 node Sun Cluster (3.2U2) with multiple HA-Zones, and I would love to
talk with other admins with similar configurations.
From: Sven Hilmer on
Tom Stevenson wrote:
> Does anyone know of a User Group for Sun Cluster? We're running 2 and
> 3 node Sun Cluster (3.2U2) with multiple HA-Zones, and I would love to
> talk with other admins with similar configurations.

why not doing it here ?
From: FatAnt on
Tom Stevenson wrote:

> Does anyone know of a User Group for Sun Cluster?
> I would love to talk with other admins with similar configurations.

Hi Tom,
I think that this location is perfect!

# clrs monitor "Tom Stevenson" ;-)
From: Tom on
On Jul 24, 3:50 am, Sven Hilmer <shil...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Tom Stevenson wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a User Group for Sun Cluster?  We're running 2 and
> > 3 node Sun Cluster (3.2U2) with multiple HA-Zones, and I would love to
> > talk with other admins with similar configurations.
>
> why not doing it here ?

Good point.

We started running Sun Cluster for about 7 years. We started with 2 2-
node clusters (1 production and 1 test), and now we've got 6 2 and 3
node clusters. 4 of the clusters run nothing but HA-Zones (we've got
32 HA-Zones running in the 4 clusters).

The one problem we've have is with patching. The only document we've
been able to find that documents the patching process for Sun Cluster
with HA-Zones does everything in single user mode with SC disabled.
We have a small 2 node Test cluster (test for our use, not user
testing), that we've been playing with to develop a procedure to patch
SC with HA-Zones using LiveUpgrade. We're almost have all the steps
worked out, but we've had very little luck working with Oracle/Sun to
get them to say of this will be a supported procedure or not.

If you are using Sun Cluster with HA-Zones, what procedures do you
follow to patch your nodes/zones?
From: nelson on
there is also http://forums.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=842

one of the guys on that list has written a white paper on patching
clustered things - we used the dual partition split (sometimes called
quantum leap for reasons unknown) upgrade on attach last time we
upgraded (we upgraded the OS and the cluster SW versions) but we have
used live upgrade for patching in the past.