From: geoff on
Denny Strauser wrote:
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> I found this on line
>>
>> The two microphones for the podium were provided to the U.S. Army
>> Signal Corps prior to the event to allow them to check them over
>> carefully prior to their placement on the presidential podium. After
>> attaching them, I covered each microphone with the largest
>> prophylactic I could buy and then covered each mic with a normal
>> foam windscreen - Washington DC is very windy in January.
>>
>> it seems a rubber was put over the mic, possibly for waterproofing,
>> which I have done but I never paid attention if it was also a add
>> level of wind noise filtering
>> anyone doing this? I will probably just try it at my next outdoor
>> gig(in may) but just asking if this is a trick I have missed all
>> these years george
>
> I've done it for rain protection and it killed the lows, so I wouldn't
> even try it for wind. .... unless you don't care about lows ...

I guess the pope wouldn't use this techniques either way.

Especially if it kills off all the 'lows'.

geoff

From: Arkansan Raider on
geoff wrote:
> Denny Strauser wrote:
>> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>>> I found this on line
>>>
>>> The two microphones for the podium were provided to the U.S. Army
>>> Signal Corps prior to the event to allow them to check them over
>>> carefully prior to their placement on the presidential podium. After
>>> attaching them, I covered each microphone with the largest
>>> prophylactic I could buy and then covered each mic with a normal
>>> foam windscreen - Washington DC is very windy in January.
>>>
>>> it seems a rubber was put over the mic, possibly for waterproofing,
>>> which I have done but I never paid attention if it was also a add
>>> level of wind noise filtering
>>> anyone doing this? I will probably just try it at my next outdoor
>>> gig(in may) but just asking if this is a trick I have missed all
>>> these years george
>> I've done it for rain protection and it killed the lows, so I wouldn't
>> even try it for wind. .... unless you don't care about lows ...
>
> I guess the pope wouldn't use this techniques either way.
>
> Especially if it kills off all the 'lows'.
>
> geoff

That, and it prevents the mic from being baptized by sprinkling, but not
immersion...

---Jeff
From: geoff on
Arkansan Raider wrote:
>>> I guess the pope wouldn't use this techniques either way.
>>
>> Especially if it kills off all the 'lows'.
>>
>> geoff
>>

> That, and it prevents the mic from being baptized by sprinkling, but
> not immersion...

Mind you, the 'instrument' does need to be inserted from the rear....

geoff

From: Arkansan Raider on
geoff wrote:
>>> Especially if it kills off all the 'lows'.
>>>
>>> geoff
>>>

>> That, and it prevents the mic from being baptized by sprinkling, but
>> not immersion...
>
> Mind you, the 'instrument' does need to be inserted from the rear....
>
> geoff

Choir mic?

---Jeff
First  |  Prev  |