From: JWald on
"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message

>>> No we aren't
>>>

>>> I stated that to make one sub work correctly I
>>>
>>> No you don't you can run a 2 condcter from the PLX and make the
>>> connections at the sub end of the cable, just connect the pins like I
>>> told you.
>>>

>>> My trouble comes
>>>
>>> 100% wrong, you just need to learn.

>>> No reason to do that but if it floats tour boat...
>>>

>>> Am I completely misunderstanding this?
>>>
>>> Yup.
>>>
>>> Just run a standard two conductor wire from each channel of the PLX and
>>> connect the pins on a 4 pin at the sub end like I told you
>>> positive first woof to positive second woof
>>>
>>> Neg first woof to neg second woof.
>>>
>>> Electronics 101
>>>
>> Sorry. I couldn't get past the 4 conductor input at the sub. I never
>> thought of jumping pins on the cable to feed the sub. Thanks.
>> --
>> J Wald
>>
>> "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "
>>

> It's funny isn't it, the simple things elude us sometimes...;-)
>
> We are looking for a complicated answer not a simple one...

OK, it's time to do the re-wire. I understand jumping the connectors on the
cable end. I see where I can jump at the sub input as well. But, is there
any reason, without doing damage, that I cannot jump from one set of driver
terminals to the other to make the connection? Sure would be easier. Thanks
for the help on this.

From: liquidator on

> "liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

>>> Sorry. I couldn't get past the 4 conductor input at the sub. I never
>>> thought of jumping pins on the cable to feed the sub. Thanks.
>>> --
>>> J Wald
>>>
>>> "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "
>>>

>> It's funny isn't it, the simple things elude us sometimes...;-)
>>
>> We are looking for a complicated answer not a simple one...
>>

> OK, it's time to do the re-wire. I understand jumping the connectors on
> the cable end. I see where I can jump at the sub input as well. But, is
> there any reason, without doing damage, that I cannot jump from one set of
> driver terminals to the other to make the connection? Sure would be
> easier. Thanks for the help on this.
>

> --
> J Wald
>
> "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

That should work fine. the sub would then be permanently that way, unless
you open it up and change. the advantage to the cable option is just change
cables and you are back.

If you are always gonna be using them the same way I see no issue...I would
put some sort of label on the back as far as what you have done...

From: JWald on

> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>> "liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message

>>> It's funny isn't it, the simple things elude us sometimes...;-)
>>>
>>> We are looking for a complicated answer not a simple one...
>>>

>> OK, it's time to do the re-wire. I understand jumping the connectors on
>> the cable end. I see where I can jump at the sub input as well. But, is
>> there any reason, without doing damage, that I cannot jump from one set
>> of driver terminals to the other to make the connection? Sure would be
>> easier. Thanks for the help on this.
>>

>> --
>> J Wald
>>
>> "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "
>>

> That should work fine. the sub would then be permanently that way, unless
> you open it up and change. the advantage to the cable option is just
> change cables and you are back.
>
> If you are always gonna be using them the same way I see no issue...I
> would put some sort of label on the back as far as what you have done...

Thanks.

From: JWald on
Mike,
While doing the re-wire, I noticed that the positive terminal of the second
driver was wired from the 2- of the input connector. Likewise, the negative
terminal was fed from the 2+. That seems backwards to me. Is that right, or
has someone been in there before and got them switched up? Thanks.

From: Denny Strauser on
JWald wrote:
> Mike,
> While doing the re-wire, I noticed that the positive terminal of the second
> driver was wired from the 2- of the input connector. Likewise, the negative
> terminal was fed from the 2+. That seems backwards to me. Is that right, or
> has someone been in there before and got them switched up? Thanks.

It depends. JBL speakers have black lugs as positive. All other speakers
have red lug positive.
-Denny