From: Karsten Krambs on

I'm looking for some speaker management to my small active system.
I want to substitute my Eq and Crossover with one of these small 1u
devices. I like the idea of having presets - as I use this system 80%
of the time - at the same 10 clubs, and sometimes i substitues the AM1
with a 12" active.

Behringer DCX2416 $299.-
DriveRack� PX $399,-
DriveRack� PA+ $499,-
Used DBX Driverack PA ~$399,-
Others? in this price range?

I like the software option for the Behringer.
I read in forums that the Behringer has a week PSU and cannot operate
in 96KHz (which i will not use)

The DriveRack PX has just the output connection i need, but is this
small DBX device of normal DBX quality.

I read in forums that the old DBX Driverack PA has a lot of noise.

If you had hands-on experience on any of these products, please give
me your opinion.

----

This is the system, used for live band, DJ, small performances.
Consisting of (per side);

1 x DPAC AM1 (15" and 2")
http://www.dpac.dk/documents/31530%20AM-1.pdf
(Speakers used are Eighteen Sound)

And

1 x DPAC AS1+ (sometimes 2 per side) (18")
http://www.dpac.dk/documents/31531%20AS-1%2B_PS-1%20&%20AS2.pdf
(Speakers used are Eighteen Sound)

It's a system made in Denmark, I live in Denmark.
From: liquidator on

"Karsten Krambs" <snabelulrich(a)DONTSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm looking for some speaker management to my small active system.
> I want to substitute my Eq and Crossover with one of these small 1u
> devices. I like the idea of having presets - as I use this system 80%
> of the time - at the same 10 clubs, and sometimes i substitues the AM1
> with a 12" active.
>
> Behringer DCX2416 $299.-
> DriveRack� PX $399,-
> DriveRack� PA+ $499,-
> Used DBX Driverack PA ~$399,-
> Others? in this price range?
>
> I like the software option for the Behringer.
> I read in forums that the Behringer has a week PSU and cannot operate
> in 96KHz (which i will not use)
>
> The DriveRack PX has just the output connection i need, but is this
> small DBX device of normal DBX quality.
>
> I read in forums that the old DBX Driverack PA has a lot of noise.
>
> If you had hands-on experience on any of these products, please give
> me your opinion.

The driverack PX does not have a crossover however, You mentioned wanting to
replace it.

I never noticed a noise issue with the Driverack PA, the issue I am aware of
is a Godawful thurn on thump...ie a large bang if the power goes on and off,
which can eat drivers. A small UPS in your rack can cure that.

The Behringer seems to be if you get a good one, it's OK. I wouldn't buy
used Behringer, you don't save much and you want the warranty.

Was in a pub the other day, they had a BBE, it seemed like junk to me. Don't
recommend.

Honestly, I would try to find a few more bucks and look for a used Driverack
260.

I have one friend who claims the Alto Maxidrive 2.4 is decent but I have
never personally used one, maybe someone else here has. Not recommending it,
just saying might be worth researching.

From: Tim Perry on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "Karsten Krambs" <snabelulrich(a)DONTSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm looking for some speaker management to my small active system.
>> I want to substitute my Eq and Crossover with one of these small 1u
>> devices. I like the idea of having presets - as I use this system 80%
>> of the time - at the same 10 clubs, and sometimes i substitues the AM1
>> with a 12" active.
>>
>> Behringer DCX2416 $299.-

DCX2496

>> DriveRack� PX $399,-
>> DriveRack� PA+ $499,-
>> Used DBX Driverack PA ~$399,-
>> Others? in this price range?
>>
>> I like the software option for the Behringer.
>> I read in forums that the Behringer has a week PSU and cannot operate
>> in 96KHz (which i will not use)
>>
>> The DriveRack PX has just the output connection i need, but is this
>> small DBX device of normal DBX quality.
>>
>> I read in forums that the old DBX Driverack PA has a lot of noise.
>>
>> If you had hands-on experience on any of these products, please give
>> me your opinion.
>>

> The driverack PX does not have a crossover however, You mentioned wanting
> to replace it.

I beg to differ on this point. A buddy of mine has one. We used it quite a
bit last year. It has a 2x4 output as opposed to the DRPA's 2x6 outputs.

> I never noticed a noise issue with the Driverack PA, the issue I am aware
> of is a Godawful thurn on thump...ie a large bang if the power goes on and
> off, which can eat drivers. A small UPS in your rack can cure that.
>
> The Behringer seems to be if you get a good one, it's OK. I wouldn't buy
> used Behringer, you don't save much and you want the warranty.

The 3x6 outputs make it easy to do aux or mono fed subs with stereo tops.
Setting crossover points is a bit easier then the driverack as the HP and LP
tract while adjusting.
Setting sub delay is easy (for the times when you have to stack with the
subs offset from the mains).

From: liquidator on

"Tim Perry" <timperry(a)donespameroadrunner.com> wrote in message

>> The driverack PX does not have a crossover however, You mentioned wanting
>> to replace it.
>
> I beg to differ on this point. A buddy of mine has one. We used it quite a
> bit last year. It has a 2x4 output as opposed to the DRPA's 2x6 outputs.

Hmmm...guess it could be set up like that. I was thinking in terms of sub
and mains, I don't really run a crossover, I usually run seperate filtering.

I feed the suns a sugnal from an aux mix, so hopefully you can see where I
am coming from.

So yes it would do stereo 2 way, I was thinking more it didn't share the
crossover for tops that the PA has,

I stand corrected.

From: Karsten Krambs on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:18:51 -0400, "liquidator"
<mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote:

>Honestly, I would try to find a few more bucks and look for a used Driverack
>260.

OK - Why? How does it differ from the PA+ and the PX ?!?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Underpowering my Subs
Next: "Vocing" microphones