From: Tim Perry on

"Karsten Krambs" <snabelulrich(a)DONTSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:18:51 -0400, "liquidator"
> <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote:
>

>>Honestly, I would try to find a few more bucks and look for a used
>>Driverack
>>260.
>
> OK - Why? How does it differ from the PA+ and the PX ?!?

it costs more.

it has a few more features.

it is "rider friendly"

has fancy computer GUI see
ftp://ftp.dbxpro.com/pub/PDFs/Catalogs/DriveRack260brochure.pdf

From: Phildo on

> Behringer DCX2416 $299.-

Combine it with a DEQ2496 and you are away.

Phildo

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Karsten Krambs" <snabelulrich(a)DONTSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm looking for some speaker management to my small active system.
> I want to substitute my Eq and Crossover with one of these small 1u
> devices. I like the idea of having presets - as I use this system 80%
> of the time - at the same 10 clubs, and sometimes i substitues the AM1
> with a 12" active.
>
> Behringer DCX2416 $299.-
> DriveRack� PX $399,-
> DriveRack� PA+ $499,-
> Used DBX Driverack PA ~$399,-
> Others? in this price range?
>
> I like the software option for the Behringer.
> I read in forums that the Behringer has a week PSU and cannot operate
> in 96KHz (which i will not use)
>
> The DriveRack PX has just the output connection i need, but is this
> small DBX device of normal DBX quality.
>
> I read in forums that the old DBX Driverack PA has a lot of noise.
>
> If you had hands-on experience on any of these products, please give
> me your opinion.
>
> ----
>
> This is the system, used for live band, DJ, small performances.
> Consisting of (per side);
>
> 1 x DPAC AM1 (15" and 2")
> http://www.dpac.dk/documents/31530%20AM-1.pdf
> (Speakers used are Eighteen Sound)
>
> And
>
> 1 x DPAC AS1+ (sometimes 2 per side) (18")
> http://www.dpac.dk/documents/31531%20AS-1%2B_PS-1%20&%20AS2.pdf
> (Speakers used are Eighteen Sound)
>
> It's a system made in Denmark, I live in Denmark.

I use the dcx but for true eq you need to couple it with a deq
am very happy with mine
I get better protection but not better sound , the sound is equalt to a bss
analog crossover

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Underpowering my Subs