From: JWald on
Regardless of manufacturer, shouldn't they both be matching positive and
negative?

--
J Wald

From: Denny Strauser on
JWald wrote:
> Regardless of manufacturer, shouldn't they both be matching positive and
> negative?

If both drivers are the same, they should be wired the same.
- Denny
From: JWald on
How about if one driver is mounted backwards in the cab? One driver faces
the front, and one faces rearward. Make a difference with cone movement?
Thanks.

From: Denny Strauser on
JWald wrote:
> How about if one driver is mounted backwards in the cab? One driver faces
> the front, and one faces rearward. Make a difference with cone movement?
> Thanks.

Then the one facing backward should have the polarity switched, assuming
that the back of that speaker & the front of the other are acoustically
coupled. And in the future, post your reply below the post you are
replying to.
- Denny
From: David Shorter on
On 17/03/2010 8:41 a.m., Denny Strauser wrote:
> JWald wrote:
>> Mike,
>> While doing the re-wire, I noticed that the positive terminal of the
>> second driver was wired from the 2- of the input connector. Likewise,
>> the negative terminal was fed from the 2+. That seems backwards to me.
>> Is that right, or has someone been in there before and got them
>> switched up? Thanks.
>
> It depends. JBL speakers have black lugs as positive. All other speakers
> have red lug positive.
> -Denny

This was correct until a fare few years ago when JBL made a decision that
all new drivers and speaker systems would change to the convention of red
being positive polarity.

Check out www.jblpro.com

The "download" and "search" apps. seem to be currently unavailable.

Look for Technotes, Volume 1 Number 12b "Polarity Conventions of JBL
transducers and Systems". (tn_v1n12b.pdf)

--

Regards,
David Shorter

Any error in tact, fact or spelling is entirely
due to transmission error.