From: Rick F on
I've acquired a Aeronet 1242 wireless access point and its the
lightweight configuration flavor (long story) instead of the
autonomous version. Is there a way to downgrade it back to being
autonomous or should I sell it and just buy another one that is
autonomous? Or is there a really cheap way of using something (tftp
server?) as a WAP controller that isn't going to cost >$300? Just
thought I'd ask.. Thanks!

From: headsetadapter.com on
Rick,

I think just copying the correct IOS image, and erasing the configuration
will convert the AP to autonomous mode. Converting to LWAP is tricky because
it requires generating RSA key, etc.

Good luck,

Mike
CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
------
Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
www.headsetadapter.com

From: java123 on
Here you go...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

From: Rick F on
On Nov 9, 2:50 pm, "headsetadapter.com" <for-s...(a)mail.com> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I think just copying the correct IOS image, and erasing the configuration
> will convert the AP to autonomous mode. Converting to LWAP is tricky because
> it requires generating RSA key, etc.

Cool.. I've actually got two of these WAP's, but the other is the
autonomous
flavor so I could possibly try using that IOS on the other one..
Thanks for the
suggestion..

From: headsetadapter.com on
It's completely opposite of what person wants to do - he has AP in
Lightweight mode, and he wants to convert it back to autonomous mode.

Thank you for your purchase. Your order has been processed and shipped by
the USPS Priority Mail. You can check status of your package online at:

If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Michael Shavrov
www.headsetadapter.com