From: sturlamolden on
On 6 Jul, 19:52, Ed Keith <e_...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> This seems odd to me, has anyone else had this problem?

DVD?
From: Stephen Hansen on
On 7/6/10 10:52 AM, Ed Keith wrote:
> I downloaded the ISO, but it seems to be just a bit too big to fit on a CD!

The website says its a DVD iso.

--

Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

From: Robert Kern on
On 7/6/10 1:52 PM, Ed Keith wrote:
> I downloaded the ISO, but it seems to be just a bit too big to fit on a CD!
>
> This seems odd to me, has anyone else had this problem?

These days, ISOs are destined for DVD-Rs. :-)

There are also utilities for mounting ISOs directly without burning them to a
physical disk. Here is a decent list:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-cd-emulator.htm

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

From: sturlamolden on
On 6 Jul, 19:46, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell...(a)dcuktec.org>
wrote:

> Public download that is, people like me who have a MSDN subscription can
> still download old versions like Visual Studio 2005.

That's nice to know, but I personally don't have an MSDN subscription.
Many scientists don't have access to development tools like VS2008.
Many hobby developers don't have access expensive MSDN subscriptions.
Many don't develop C personally, but just "needs a compiler" to build
an extension with distutils. And for all of us not subscribing to
MSDN, this is the only remaining source.

From: David Robinow on
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Martin P. Hellwig
<martin.hellwig(a)dcuktec.org> wrote:
> Public download that is, people like me who have a MSDN subscription can
> still download old versions like Visual Studio 2005.
>
> So I would say that there is no particular hurry.
> I would think that everyone really serious about MS development with MS
> tools should get an MSDN subscription anyway, it saves you a lot of money in
> the long run.
Amazing!