From: VanguardLH on
Pegasus [MVP] wrote:

> DriveImage 7 is so old that Acronis made it available freely for a while.

How could Acronis be distributing a commercial product (for free or at
any price) that they never owned? That would constitute both piracy and
copyright infringment (generating revenue is not required to violate
copyright). DriveImage was a PowerQuest product and PowerQuest got
gobbled up and made to disappear by Symantec.
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> Pegasus [MVP] wrote:
>

>> DriveImage 7 is so old that Acronis made it available freely for a while.
>
> How could Acronis be distributing a commercial product (for free or at
> any price) that they never owned? That would constitute both piracy and
> copyright infringment (generating revenue is not required to violate
> copyright). DriveImage was a PowerQuest product and PowerQuest got
> gobbled up and made to disappear by Symantec.

Sorry, I got mixed up. Acronis made TrueImage 7 freely available, which is
their own product.

From: AAH on
Pegasus

Drive Image 7 has nothing to do with
Acronis. It is a completely a different
product. I think you have in mind a
droduct called Acronis True Immage may be
ver 7.

"Pegasus [MVP]" <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message

"AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
> When I try to install Drive Image7 on to
> WinXP Pro, The error message is:-
> "1607: Unable to install installshield
> Scripting Runtime"
> Any help? I have no idea?
>
> I bought the Drive Image7 cd few year ago.
> It was part of Drive Image 2000 or Ver 6.
>
> There must be some upgrade over the years
> Can any user of Drive Image Ver 7 please be
> help to pinpoint the site where an upgrade can
> be found.
>
> I shall be very very grateful for help?

DriveImage 7 is so old that Acronis made it available freely for a while.
You can install it on some Win2000 machine, then burn a bootable Recovery CD
and use that CD on your WinXP machine.

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

> Pegasus
>
> Drive Image 7 has nothing to do with
> Acronis. It is a completely a different
> product. I think you have in mind a
> droduct called Acronis True Immage may be
> ver 7.

Yes, I said so in my reply to Vanguard a few hours ago. For some strange
reason your own reply did not make it to this forum until 15 hours after you
posted it - unless there is a problem with your PC clock.